Do you have any tips for someone starting a band?
1. Make sure you always have the attitude that you don't care if you ever get rich or famous, you just want to share the message of the Gospel and serve the Lord.
2. Read your Bible and pray every day. If you're going to sing about the Lord, you need to know His Word well and talk with Him every day.
3. Take every opportunity to play – no matter what the size of the event or whether or not you will be paid. We played a ton of very small concerts, and for free for many years. Christian coffee houses and church talent shows and programs are a great place to start.
4. Make sure the members share the same faith and vision for the band, and that they are all committed Christians and not just "along for the ride."
5. Practice, practice, practice!