New ApologetiX CD Due Out Oct 9 Plus Concert Info
Tue., Oct. 2. 2001 1:02am EDT
J. Jackson, lead singer for ApologetiX (That Christian Parody Band) here.
I apologize to any of you who may be waiting for responses to e-mails! We've been swamped, and we were on the road for the past several days. Thanks to all of the new friends we made this past weekend in Kentucky and Indiana!
1. Keep the Change Release Date Re-Set for October 9
2. Rave Reviews from Radio Regarding "Keep the Change"
3. Forget the Clues: What's on the New CD?
4. ApologetiX in Pennsylvania and New Jersey This Weekend
5. Other Upcoming Concerts
6. Prayer Requests
1. KEEP THE CHANGE RELEASE DATE RE-SET FOR OCTOBER 9
One of the advantages of being in a band called ApologetiX is that people aren't as surprised whenever I have to apologize for something. Still, it's never easy. But I do owe you an apology. I've been telling you for months that our new CD, "Keep the Change," would be available September 25. Then I told you that it might be available October 2.
"Keep the Change," is running slightly behind schedule, although it has been at the manufacturer for almost two weeks. To be realistic, we have re-set the release date for Tuesday, October 9.
Actually, we sent the final artwork for the CD to the printer over a month ago, but the finished mastered tracks for the CD didn't make it to the manufacturer till September 19. Believe me, it wasn't for lack of trying! We spent more all-nighters on this CD than we ever did in college, especially our lead guitarist/producer, Karl! However, we had other factors to contend with, including the fact that the original recording studio and mastering studio we had reserved both failed to meet the schedules they had agreed to. And all this happened during the busiest part of our summer touring schedule!
Unfortunately, despite our efforts, we missed the release date we had advertised in full-page ads in CCM Magazine, HM Magazine, Christian Musician and during radio interviews. We have tried to do everything in our power to expedite the process of getting the CDs into your local store. We have arranged for overnight shipping from the manufacturer back to us, so that will help somewhat. We also offered to pay rush charges for faster turnaround, but the manufacturer informed us that they are so swamped with the Christmas rush (It starts really earlier on their end) that they can't put a rush on any project for any price!
We have notified most of the Christian bookstores and catalogs of the delay. Please pray that the manufacturer is able to get the CDs done in time for us to get them all to the stores in time! The advance orders on this CD have far exceeded those of "Spoofernatural," which was our top-selling CD up to this point. That's wonderful, but it also means we have hundreds and hundreds of stores waiting for the new CD. We've already changed the release date once, and we don't want to have to do it again!
As our way of thanking the stores for their patience, we are probably going to wait a week or two after the stores get the CD before we make it available on the website. I apologize to any of you who were planning to order it on the website. If you don't have a store near you where you can purchase "Keep the Change," it will be available through Christian Book Distributors, and they may have it on their website, cbd.com, before its available at apologetix.com.
We apologize for the inconvenience, but we hope that you will find this new CD worth the wait! Thanks for your patience! Everyone who has heard the CD seems to agree with us that this is our best ever! I can tell you without reservation that we worked longer and harder on this CD than any before it, and we had better technology at our disposal, too.
2. RAVE REVIEWS FROM RADIO REGARDING "KEEP THE CHANGE"
Christian radio stations are just starting to receive their promo copies of "Keep the Change." If you work at a Christian radio station as a GM, station manager, program director, DJ, etc., and want to make sure you're on our list for advance promo copies, please e-mail us to make sure! Make sure you include your name, the station, the address to which we should send it, and a phone number where you can be reached. Thanks!
We got our first two radio reviews today:
"It came today at 9:30 a.m., and by 11 a.m., we'd gone thru the whole thing twice (if that's possible!). Our production guy is a classic rock buff, and he was extremely impressed with the technical quality of the songs, especially 'Bethlehemian Rhapsody' and 'Mama Told Me' ... actually, he thought the whole thing was fantastic, as do I. Can't wait to 'educate the masses' tomorrow! God bless you as you keep providing such a valuable service to the Body of Christ!"
Tim "Timmy D." DeMoss Morning Show Host WZZD Philadelphia PA
"We received our copy of 'Keep the Change' on Saturday, and, WOW! I love it! Tony hasn't listened to the entire CD yet, but this morning we played 'Monkey Scheme' and 'Stay in the Light.' So far those are my favorites. "Bethlehemian Rhapsody" is great, too. Aw, heck! I can't decide which I like best, they're all so good. We asked for feedback from our listeners and so far it's all in your favor."
Beth Borgan, "Morning Breath with Tony & Beth" The Light 88.5 WLRY Lancaster, OH
3. FORGET THE CLUES: WHAT'S ON THE NEW CD?
O.K., you were all good sports about the CD being delayed. We realize that if the CD had come out September 25 as promised, you wouldn't have to ask us what's going to be on it. We figured the least we can do is to tell you what to expect.
1. Story of a Squirrel (Pop/Rock) Theme: Noah's Ark Parody of "Absolutely (Story of a Girl)" by Nine Days (2000-01)
2. Monkey Scheme (Pop/Rock/AC) Theme: Creation vs. Evolution Parody of "Theme from ëThe Monkees'" by the Monkees (1966)
3. Christmasnite (Pop/Rock) Theme: Wise Men & Christmas Parody of "Kryptonite" by Three Doors Down (2000-01)
4. Bethlehemian Rhapsody (Pop/Rock/AC) Theme: David & Goliath Parody of "Bohemian Rhapsody" by Queen (1976, ë92)
5. Stay in the Light (Pop/AC) Theme: God's Word is a lamp Parody of "Stayin' Alive" by the Bee Gees (1978)
6. Old Time Romans Road (Pop/Rock) Theme: Salvation Parody of "Old Time Rock & Roll" Bob Seger (1979, ë83)
7. The Real Sin Savior (Pop/Rock) Theme: All have sinned Parody of "The Real Slim Shady" by Eminem (2000-01)
8. Babylona (Pop/Rock) Theme: Shadrach, Meshach and Abed-Nego Parody of "My Sharona" by the Knack (1979)
9. Daniel (Pop/AC) Theme: Daniel and the lion's den Parody of "Daniel" by Elton John (1973)
10. All the Stalls Stink (Pop/Rock) Theme: Noah's Ark Parody of "All the Small Things" by Blink 182 (2000-01)
11. Cheap Birds (Pop/Rock/AC) Theme: God provides even for birds Parody of "Free Bird" by Lynyrd Skynyrd (1975, ë77)
12. Mama Told Me (What's to Come) (Pop/Rock/AC) Theme: Psychics Parody of "Mama Told Me (Not to Come)" by Three Dog Night (1970)
13. Manger (Pop/AC) Theme: Christmas & the Nativity Parody of "Angel" by Shaggy with Rayvon (2001)
14. Be Bold Jeremiah (Pop/Rock/AC) Theme: Jeremiah's life Parody of "Jet Airliner" by the Steve Miller Band (1977)
15. Ballad of Jesus and Yahweh (Pop/Rock) Theme: Christ's Deity Parody of "The Ballad of John and Yoko" by the Beatles (1969)
16. Rock and Roots (Pop/Rock) Theme: Genealogy of Jesus Christ Parody of "Rock and Roll" by Led Zeppelin (1972)
17. Simp Liztik (Rock) Theme: Christ loves the rejects/misfits Parody of "Nookie" by Limp Bizkit (1999-01)
18. You Booked Me All Along (Pop/Rock) Theme: God's foreknowledge Parody of "You Shook Me All Night Long" by AC/DC (1980)
19. Life Restored (Rock) Theme: Salvation Parody of "Last Resort" by Papa Roach (2000-01)
4. APOLOGETIX IN PENNSYLVANIA AND NEW JERSEY THIS WEEKEND
Note: The concert in Monroeville on Friday was originally supposed to be our Pittsburgh release party for the new CD. I don't know yet if we will have the CD at the concert or not. You'll have to come to the concert to find out. But I can tell you that we will be playing songs from the new CD there, and I'd imagine we may have a pre-release radio promo CD or two on hand as special prizes for the most enthusiastic fans on hand!
Fri., Oct. 5 at 7 p.m.
Family Christian Stores Holiday Center
3747 William Penn Highway
Contact: Chuck Ernst, Mgr. 412-372-1610 firstname.lastname@example.org
Sat., Oct. 6 at 7:30 p.m.
Christian Publications/Cornerstone Chapel
620 Route 23
North Pompton Plains NJ 07444
Contact: Emily Strunk 973-616-7080
5. OTHER UPCOMING CONCERTS
Sat., Oct. 13 at 7:00 p.m.
(Doors open at 6:00 p.m.)
Cup O' Joy Benefit Concert
Green Bay West High School
966 Shawano Ave.
Green Bay WI
Contact: Jan Oettinger 920-435-3269 (Cup O' Joy) 920-437-6694 (home)
www.cupojoy.com Tickets: $5 in advance plus freewill offering $6 or $7 at door
Sun., Oct. 14 at 1:30 p.m.
Sponsored by St. Peter the Fisherman Church
Northland Pines High
1800 Pleasure Island Road
Eagle River WI 54521
Contact: Ziggie Stardust, Youth Pastor 715-479-9622
Fri., Oct. 19 at 7:00 p.m. St. Mark's Lutheran Church 201 W. Jefferson St. Butler PA 16001 Contact: Pastor Rich Leseganich 724-287-6741
Sat., Oct. 20 at 2:00 p.m. and 8:00 p.m.
Baptist Convention of Pennsylvania and Southern New Jersey Scarlet Cord Teen Center
150 Main St.
Contact: Tommy Rowe (Convention) 717-652-5856
Contact: Erik Lane (Scarlet Cord) 814-849-7659
Sat., Oct. 20 at 8:00 p.m.
Scarlet Cord Teen Center
150 Main St.
Contact: Erik Lane (Scarlet Cord) 814-849-7659
Fri., Oct. 26 at 9:00 p.m.
Common Ground Beautiful Savior Lutheran 5005 Northwest Blvd.
Plymouth MN 55442
Contact: Larry Deyoe 763-550-1000
Sat., Oct. 27 at 8:00 p.m.
Nebraska Church of God Retreat
Rock Haven Conv. & Retreat Center
76309 Road 415
Gothenburg NE 69138
Contact: Jason Johnson 402-486-3450
Sat., Nov. 3 at 7 p.m.
2235 Ocean Heights Ave.
Egg Harbor Twsp, NJ 08234
Contact: Yvonne Parr 609-601-2460 email@example.com
Sat., Nov. 10 at 7 p.m.
White Oak ISD Campus
200 S. White Oak Rd.
White Oak, TX 75693
Contact: Mark Dickson, Millennium Missions
Fri., Nov. 16 at 7:00 p.m.
Poplar Bluff High School
1300 Victory Lane
Poplar Bluff MO 63901
Contact: Jim Hoyt, Cheerful Heart Ministries
Sat., Nov. 17 at 7:00 p.m.
First Baptist Church
801 US Hwy 50 East
Union, MO 63084
Contact: Rich Permenter 636-583-2386 firstname.lastname@example.org
6. PRAYER REQUESTS
As I mentioned above, please pray for our new CD, "Keep the Change," to make it to the stores on time for its revised October 9 release date! We really need your help and God's help!
Also, we just got this press request from Chris Rieger, the wife of our drummer, Bill:
"Please pray for a family friend. Lisa Roberts is her name. Her husband is the former pastor of our church and they are great friends with my in-laws. She was a rock with my mother-in-law when she was suffering through her breast cancer. Lisa Roberts has cancer. We've known that for years. Whatever kind of cancer she has (I'm not sure the name of it) attacks the body's tissue and it's basically incurable. She has had a little while of a "remission", the cancer there but not getting any worse and she was able to live normally. She periodically has body CT's to check its progress and thus far it's been good. Today, they just found 4 spots on her lungs. I don't think there's much they can do for her at this point. I'm not sure of all the details, they came straight here after getting the news so they could re-group before going home to their 3 children (2 teenagers and a younger child) All this happening while her father is being hospitalized and hearing him diagnosed with Leukemia. When I get more details, I'll let you know. This is a prayer for healing I'd like to have go out to everyone on the newsletter. We know God has already performed many miracles in their lives. Lisa already lived a lot longer than they told her originally. It's a devastating time. Love, Chris"
If you'd like to e-mail Chris, her e-mail address is email@example.com.
Please also pray for our friend, Jim Schreiber, who books bands for the Cornerstone CafÈ in Elizabethtown, Pa. Jim (we call him "Uncle Jim") has some serious health concerns (serious surgery) combined with other hardships.
Thank you all for your friendship and faithfulness!
-- J. Jackson Lead Singer/Lyricist ApologetiX (That Christian Parody Band) www.apologetix.com firstname.lastname@example.org
Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light for my path.