Vote for APX in Joy 88's March Madness
Mon., Feb. 19. 2007 1:52am EST
Longtime ApologetiX fan Sarah May is asking for your help promoting us in a competition in Kansas:
Joy 88 Fired Up has a competition called March Madness ever year with songs the listeners chose. Two songs go up against each other and people vote which one they liked better. It started last Saturday, and "Boulevard of Both Extremes" was my choice. "Boulevard" is the only song from Wordplay that Joy 88 has.
I was hoping that having "Boulevard" in the March Madness would help promote Wordplay here in northeast Kansas. Unfortunately, "Boulevard" is up against some major competition, and I'm worried it might get voted out rather quickly and people might not get a chance to hear it. So I'm spreading the word about it to as many APX fans to help.
In the past, ApologetiX has come so close to winning March Madness. I know there are enough fans out there to help keep "Boulevard" in the competition ... maybe even win. Anyone can vote, it doesn't matter if they listen or not or if they're from around here. In fact, they encourage people to spread the word about it and have people vote. Here are the rules:
- Two songs are played against each other, you vote which one you like best.
- The competition keeps going till it gets down to the last song.
- You can only vote once per round.
- Send your votes in a message (not a comment) to http://www.myspace.com/joy88firedup
- Or email your votes at email@example.com
They played the first half of songs a week ago, and those votes have been tabulated, but "Boulevard" is in the second half just played this past Saturday. So people can still vote for it. Here's the second half (ApologetiX is in competition #31):
17. "If I" by Grits VS "One Thousand Apologies" by Demon Hunter
18. "Big Valley" by Royal Empire Music VS "The Real" by Nevertheless
19. "King" by Lecrae VS "Sound Off" by Mars ILL
20. "Take You Back" by Jeremy Camp VS "Jesus Freak" by Chasing Victory
21. "By All Accounts (Today Was A Disaster)" by Emery VS "Game On" by Disciple
22. "Scars Remain" by Disciple VS "Breathe Into Me" by Red
23. "Rebirthing" by Skillet VS "Paperthin Hymn" by Anberlin
24. "I So Hate Consequences" by Relient K VS "Dandelions" by Five Iron Frenzy
25. "Send Me" by Caleb Rowden VS "Free Checking" by Deepspace 5
26. "Carelessness" by Fair VS "Sunstep" by Mars ILL
27. "My Savior" by Krystal Meyers VS "Albatross" by Astronaut
28. "Pure" by Superchic[k] VS "Life After Death and Taxes" by Relient K
29. "Replace Me" by Family Force 5 VS "Listening To Freddie Mercury" by Emery
30. "Moving Mountains" by Kids in the Way VS "A Glass Can Only Spill What It Contains" by mewithoutYou
31. "Boulevard of Both Extremes" by ApologetiX VS "Fishy" by Philmore
32. "...And The Smokers And The Children Shall Be Cast Down" by Showbread VS "Your Owls Are Hooting" by Showbread