The One Concert You Won't Want to Miss
Wed., Sep. 23. 2009 10:35am EDT
If there's ever an ApologetiX concert you won't want to miss, it's October 11 in Beaver Falls PA. Here's why:
1. We'll be recording our next CD -- live in concert -- but it's not your typical live album. Over two-thirds of the songs have never been released on CD. The remaining songs will be taken from our two earliest CDs, but with revamped lyrics and much-improved performances.
2. Although our latest CD, Recovery is just being released now, the follow-up CD is actually something we've been writing and rehearsing for quite some time. We wanted a CD to really showcase the twin guitars of Tom Milnes and Tom Tincha -- one where we could play every song live. It's got a nice mix of both classic and modern songs, too.
3. The concert will also be the first weekend we have the Recovery CD available at a concert. So it's an ApologetiX first -- you can get our latest CD and be a part of the next CD!
4. We're planning to videotape this historic event, too, for possible release on DVD.
5. We'll be playing in front of a hometown crowd; the concert is 40 miles from Pittsburgh and only 10 miles from Ellwood City, home of Keith Haynie and Tom Milnes. But we expect that we'll have a number of out-of-state fans attend because it's such a special event.
6. It's at a big venue that has hosted many concerts. They have an excellent sound system, and Mark Bodin will be running the sound. Mark is a professional sound engineer who has run sound for and toured with many national rock, pop, country, and Christian artists. He's also a big ApologetiX fan!
7. Our producer, Bill Hubauer, will be engineering the recording process, so all six current members of ApologetiX will be available for autographs. We wouldn't be surprised to see some ApologetiX alumni there, too.
8. The Steelers game will be long over by the time we play (They'll play in Detroit at 1 p.m.), so there's no excuse not to come.
Here are the details:
Sun., Oct. 11 at 6:30 p.m.
Chippewa Evangelical Free Church
239 Braun Road
Beaver Falls, PA 15010
Here are some nearby cities and how many miles away they are:
New Brighton (1), Ellwood City and Aliquippa (10), East Palestine OH (15), New Castle (25), Butler and McCandless (30), and Pittsburgh and Youngstown OH (40).
Other major nearby cities include:
Akron OH (80), Cleveland OH (100), Columbus OH, Toledo OH, and Buffalo NY (200), Detroit MI and Charleston WV (250), Washington DC and Baltimore MD (280), Cincinnati OH (300), Philadelphia (340), and Indianapolis (375).
To purchase advance tickets at a discount, please go to:
http://www.apologetix.com/concerts and click on this concert.
If you attend, keep in mind that we always meet with friends and fans in the lobby after our shows. Hope to see you there!