ApologetiX in SD, CD in Stores
Mon., Dec. 29. 2003 10:29pm EST
J. Jackson, lead singer and lyricist for ApologetiX (That Christian Parody Band) here.
Merry belated Christmas! Hope you all are having happy holidays. I'm writing you this email from my old Kentucky second home, my wife's parents' house.
There is too much news to report adequately. Let me give you the Reader's Digest version:
1. New CD, "Adam Up" In Stores Now
2. ApologetiX in South Dakota New Year's Eve
3. Best Buy, Borders and Barnes & Noble to Stock "Adam Up"
4. Rave Reviews for "Adam Up"
5. "Look Yourself" Climbs Charts
6. Crazy Christmas Sale Extended
7. Fred Behanna Needs Your Prayers
8. ApologetiX on JC-TV on TBN
9. Amazing Response in Venezuela 10. What's on "Adam Up"?
1. NEW CD, "ADAM UP" IN STORES NOW Our new CD, "Adam Up," is now available in Christian bookstores and at http://www.christianbook.com (if you want to order it online). I'll include a complete list of the songs/artists we spoofed at the bottom of this email.
2. APOLOGETIX IN SOUTH DAKOTA NEW YEAR'S EVE We're playing in South Dakota on New Year's Eve this coming Wednesday, not too far from Mount Rushmore, and tickets are still available for fans of all ages.
December 31, 2002 at 7 p.m.
Christian Life Center
2020 Vista Street
Belle Fourche, SD 57715
CONTACT: Church 605-892-4767
WEB SITE: www.christianlifecenter.org
New Years Eve Teen Blast (Note: All-night teen event, but all ages welcome (same price)
$15 Advance, $19 for groups (1 free ticket for every 10, advance sales only)
Plus national illusionist Curt Anderson And tons of fun with the swimming pool waterslide, jousting, Velcro wall, Adrenaline run, volleyball, basketball and much more Opening performance is slated for 7 PM with events going on all night.
Your $15 tickets are limited, on sale now at Christian bookstores in Rapid City and Gillette, and will likely be sold out soon! (Bring extra cash for food)
3. BEST BUY, BORDERS AND BARNES & NOBLE TO STOCK "ADAM UP" "Adam Up" will soon be available in the Christian music section of Best Buy, Borders and Barnes & Noble stores nationwide.
4. RAVE REVIEWS FOR "ADAM UP" The new CD is getting fantastic reviews. Band members, fans and DJs alike all seem to agree that this is our best work yet.
Note: If you're a DJ at a radio station and haven't received your copy yet, don't despair. We haven't sent out the majority of the radio promo copies yet, because we didn't want them to get lost in the Christmas mail, but if you're not sure you're on our mailing list for promos or that we have your current mailing info, please send that info (including the station call letters and frequency) at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Here are a few early reviews:
"I received a copy of ŽAdam Up.' What a great album. You guys keep raising the bar and I keep thinking, 'How can this get any better?' It does!! Anyhow, I am very excited about your new project and I can't wait to dive into it with my listeners."
Arron Daniels Promotions Dir/Personality 91.7FM KBNJ
"Just wanted to tell you that I recieved my copy of 'Adam Up' in the mail today, and it blows me away! I myself am a part-time producer, and it's been fun watching the quality of your guys' work improve with each album. I thought 'Keep the Change' was fantastic, and now with 'Adam Up,' you guys are at the top of your game. I am especially impressed with the drum sounds this time around! Also, J, your ability to sound like the original singers is astounding... you sound more like Ozzy than some of the Christian "Ozzy-copycat" bands... and you pull all the others off very well, too. Bravo! Thanks for a great and uplifting album!"
Ian, Editor Christian Metal Mayhem
"The Beatles had 'Sgt. Pepper,' the Beach Boys had ŽPet Sounds,' Pink Floyd had ŽDark Side of the Moon,' and now ApologetiX has ŽAdam Up'!!! When I first picked up ŽBiblical Graffiti' about 3 1/2 years ago, I thought - this CD is great. They can't get any better. With each CD, I've said the same thing - "it can't get any better". You guys have outdone yourselves. The vocals are great, guitars blazing, bass playing booming, and drums pounding. I played it twice all the way through on the 190-mile trip back to Atlanta. I have to say it but ... it will be hard for the next CD to top it. Then again, I think I have said it too many times to take it seriously."
Michael Brown Georgia
"I'm sure you guys get a bunch of these every day, but I have listened to ŽAdam Up' several times now and I wanted to email you and let you know how very good it is. I'm always amazed that your parodies sound so much like the originals, not just musically but lyrically as well. The best on the album may be ŽPsum 14,' but the entire CD is just terrific. Thanks so much for the great music and message."
Kevin Shride Burlington, IA
"WOW! Great songs.. even the ones I don't know at
17. Sonically great, Lyrically flawless.. I'm gonna force my children to listen to this.. when I have them... and you can quote me on this."
5. "LOOK YOURSELF" CLIMBS CHARTS "Look Yourself," the first single from "Adam Up" continues to climb the charts, including #4 on ChristianBEATS.com, #1 on Christian-hiphop.net, and #10 on R & R's Christian rhythmic charts!
6. CRAZY CHRISTMAS SALE EXTENDED Due to popular demand, we are extending the Crazy Christmas sale, so you can still buy the special "Isn't Wasn't Ain't" CD, the autographed concert posters and ApologetiX cracked CDs. Just click on this link or (if your Internet service doesn't allow you to click this link) copy and paste it into the address section on your Internet browser: http://www.apologetix.com/surprize
Note: The website may still say that the sale only runs through Christmas, but don't worry; you will still be able to order.
7. FRED BEHANNA NEEDS YOUR PRAYERS Former ApologetiX drummer Fred Behanna needs your prayers for his daughter, Beth, who is very ill once again with complications resulting from her repeated bouts with Hodgkin's Disease. Fred's email is email@example.com, if you'd like to send an encouraging email.
8. APOLOGETIX ON INTERNATIONAL T.V. TWICE IN JANUARY ApologetiX will be the guest hosts on the JC-TV video show on Trinity Broadcasting (TBN) the first week in January. The band has been asked to be a part of a the show's one-year anniversary broadcast along with other national Christian artists later in January. JC-TV is broadcast internationally, and has an extremely large viewing audience. We are extremely grateful for this opportunity. Look for more details in upcoming newsletters.
9. AMAZING RESPONSE IN VENEZUELA Recently ApologetiX hit the airwaves in Venezuela, and the response has been amazing! Here's what DJ J'Po (Jorge Po) reported to us:
"People here are getting crazy about ApologetiX; they are just exciting and do not stop calling to our station asking for many different titles ... next Friday we are planning to do an entire program just about ApologetiX, I already downloaded some info from the web page and I know it is gonna be crazy.
Yesterday we received about 450 calls asking about: CD, shirts, songs, info and more about just ApologetiX, we thought that our phone was about to BOOM!!!! jajaja, but believe me ApologetiX has caused a revolution and we have just a week playing their songs. AMAZING!!! :)
Everybody here is surprised of the music that ApologetiX does, we have received many phone calls supporting our program and the new music we are playing (ApologetiX's music) someone called and say:
"I have never heard something such amazing like this", (we were playing "Look Yourself") he said: "that lyric touched my heart, and made me to change my point of view in a personal situation I was facing".
Since we are playing ApologetiX's music we have received many supporter calls as we have never had.
People are also asking where they can find ApologetiX's CDs. Please tell me the way I can get them, and, second, how to coordinated the sales of the CDs here in my country. Believe me when I say that people is shocked and and wanting to buy the CDs of ApologetiX.
Jorge Po, "DJ J'Po" Venezuela
10. WHAT'S ON "ADAM UP"?
Here's a list of what songs are on "Adam Up," the new titles, the original songs and artists they spoof:
1. We're in a Parody Band
("We're an American Band" by Grand Funk Railroad)
2. Lifestyles of the Rich & Nameless
("Lifestyles of the Rich & Famous by Good Charlotte)
3. Boy Tell the World
("Joy to the World" by Three Dog Night)
4. Choose Your Daddy
("Who's Your Daddy?" by Toby Keith)
("Love Shack" by the B-52's)
6. I'm Gonna Feed (500 Mouths)
("I'm Gonna Be (500 Miles)" by the
7. Get Found Tonight
("Get Down Tonight" by K.C. & the Sunshine Band)
8. Look Yourself
("Lose Yourself" by Eminem)
9. Should I Pray or Should I Go
("Should I Stay or Should I Go" by the Clash)
10. The Spittle
("The Middle" by Jimmy Eat World)
11. Sweet Oholibamah
("Sweet Home Alabama" by Lynyrd Skynyrd)
12. It's Not Eden
("Superman (It's Not Easy)" by Five For Fighting)
13. Listening After Midnight
("Living After Midnight" by Judas Priest)
14. Psum 14
("Fat Lip" by Sum 41)
15. The Word
("Grease" by Frankie Valli)
16. Wherever You Will Sow
("Wherever You Will Go" by the Calling)
17. Wake Up Talitha Cumi
("Wake Up Little Susie" by the Everly Brothers)
18. Guide the Way
("By the Way" by the Red Hot Chili Peppers)
19. Little-Read Bible Book
("Li'l Red Riding Hood" by Sam the Sham & the Pharaohs)
20. Downer of a Sister
("Chop Suey" by System of a Down)
21. Lazy Brain
("Crazy Train" by Ozzy Osbourne)
22. Called My Wife
("All My Life" by the Foo Fighters)
Thanks to all of you! Praise God for a great year, great fans, and great friends!
-- J. Jackson Lead Singer/Lyricist ApologetiX (That Christian Parody Band) www.apologetix.com firstname.lastname@example.org
"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight."