ApologetiX: Howard Stern, Weird Al, CD Sale
Tue., Jan. 13. 2004 1:47pm EST
ApologetiX: Howard Stern, Weird Al, CD Sale
J. Jackson, lead singer and lyricist for ApologetiX (That Christian Parody Band) here.
I hope 2004 is looking up for you! We have been receiving many, many encouraging emails from DJ's and fans in regard to the new "Adam Up" CD. Thank you all.
1. ApologetiX on Howard Stern Again
2. Weird Al's Drummer Reviews "Adam Up"
3. "Look Yourself" up to #2, "How You Rewind Me" #12 on Year End Charts
4. "Adam Up," "Isn't Wasn't Ain't" Plus $7 CDs & More On Sale Online
5. How to Order "Adam Up" and the Other CDs Via Mail
1. APOLOGETIX ON HOWARD STERN AGAIN
I received word that "Adam Up" was featured on the Howard Stern radio show last week, making it the fourth time in the past two and a half years Howard has featured us on the show. I'm not a regular listener to the show, but from what I've heard, the first time Howard played us, he pretty much mocked the whole thing (that's par for the course with Howard, though), and he seems to have mellowed with each successive time. Here's a report of the show that was posted by a person who chronicles every Howard Stern radio broadcast:
"Howard had an album that someone sent in where a band takes popular songs and turns them into religious songs by changing the lyrics. Howard played a couple of tracks and Robin thought he was joking. He said it was no joke and the band Apologetix really does this. Their album is called ''Adam Up.'' He said he has to take the CD home and listen to it."
Whether he was serious or not, we thought it was interesting that Howard would mention taking the CD home and listening to it. God's word never comes back void and nobody is too "out there" for God to reach. In fact, we discuss both of those topics on "Adam Up" in the songs "Wherever You Will Sow" and "Lazy Brain."
2. WEIRD AL'S DRUMMER REVIEWS "ADAM UP"
As most of you know, we keep in touch with Weird Al's drummer and webmaster, Jon "Bermuda" Schwartz, who actually played on seven tracks on our "Biblical Graffiti" CD. Here are his comments on the "Adam Up" CD:
"It is terrific! First-rate production and playing all around on Adam Up, the albums just get better! Great choice of artists, new AND old, and Look Yourself sounds a little familiar to me :) nice job on that! Congratulations on another terrific CD! Hope to see you if we get to Pittsburgh again this year, and if you're not also traveling!
Take care, Happy New Year, Jon"
3. "LOOK YOURSELF" UP TO #2, "HOW YOU REWIND ME" #12 ON YEAR-END CHARTS
We're pleased to note that "Look Yourself," the first single from "Adam Up," continues to rise on the national charts.
National Rap/Hip-Hop Singles Look Yourself #2 (Up from #4 Last Week)
National Fringe Singles Look Yourself #3 (Brand New Entry) (Note: "The Real Sin Savior" was Fringe Song of the Year for ChristianBEATS a couple of years ago)
Also, we were honored to find out that "How You Rewind Me" (the last single from "Grace Period") was the #12 song for the entire year on the 2003 Year-End Report for FreeRock1.com
4. "ADAM UP," "ISN'T WASN'T AIN'T" PLUS $7 CDS & MORE ON SALE ONLINE ... AND VIA MAIL ORDER
Now you can order our latest CD, "Adam Up," our limited edition "Isn't Wasn't Ain't" CD (from 1993) and Christmas CD, and $7 cracked case editions of our other CDs ... and you can do it online (see link below) OR by mail (See order form at the bottom of this email).
You can pay by any of the following methods: credit card, ATM card, check or money order. And we process orders within 24 hours and ship first class mail for small U.S. orders and Priority Mail for larger U.S. orders. Orders outside the United States are shipped via Air Mail to expedite the process.
If you'd like to order online, just click on this link or (if your Internet service doesn't allow you to click this link) copy and paste it into the address section on your Internet browser: http://www.apologetix.com/surprize
WHAT'S ON "ADAM UP"?
Here's a list of what songs are on our brand new CD, "Adam Up," the new titles, the original songs and artists they spoof:
1. We're in a Parody Band ("We're an American Band" by Grand Funk Railroad)
2. Lifestyles of the Rich & Nameless ("Lifestyles of the Rich & Famous by Good Charlotte)
3. Boy Tell the World ("Joy to the World" by Three Dog Night)
4. Choose Your Daddy ("Who's Your Daddy?" by Toby Keith)
5. Meshach ("Love Shack" by the B-52's)
6. I'm Gonna Feed (500 Mouths) ("I'm Gonna Be (500 Miles)" by the Proclaimers)
7. Get Found Tonight ("Get Down Tonight" by K.C. & the Sunshine Band)
8. Look Yourself ("Lose Yourself" by Eminem)
9. Should I Pray or Should I Go ("Should I Stay or Should I Go" by the Clash) 10. The Spittle ("The Middle" by Jimmy Eat World)
11. Sweet Oholibamah ("Sweet Home Alabama" by Lynyrd Skynyrd)
12. It's Not Eden ("Superman (It's Not Easy)" by Five For Fighting)
13. Listening After Midnight ("Living After Midnight" by Judas Priest)
14. Psum 14 ("Fat Lip" by Sum 41)
15. The Word ("Grease" by Frankie Valli)
16. Wherever You Will Sow ("Wherever You Will Go" by the Calling)
17. Wake Up Talitha Cumi ("Wake Up Little Susie" by the Everly Brothers)
18. Guide the Way ("By the Way" by the Red Hot Chili Peppers)
19. Little-Read Bible Book ("Li'l Red Riding Hood" by Sam the Sham & the Pharaohs)
20. Downer of a Sister ("Chop Suey" by System of a Down)
21. Lazy Brain ("Crazy Train" by Ozzy Osbourne)
22. Called My Wife ("All My Life" by the Foo Fighters)
WHAT'S ON "ISN'T WASN'T AIN'T"?
Here's a list of what songs are on the limited edition reissue CD our 1993 release "Isn't Wasn't Ain't," the new titles, the original songs and artists they spoof:
1. Isn't Wasn't Ain't ("Livin' Lovin' Maid" by Led Zeppelin)
2. David and Goliath ("Paperback Writer" by the Beatles)
3. Lions ("Signs" by Five Man Electrical Band and Tesla)
4. Patients ("Patience" by Guns n' Roses)
5. Help Me, Rhoda ("Help Me, Rhonda" by the Beach Boys)
6. That Daughter ("Black Water" by the Doobie Brothers)
7. Little Esther ("Little Sister" by Elvis Presley)
8. Don't Try ("Don't Cry" by Guns n' Roses)
9. I Found the Answer There ("I Saw Her Standing There" by the Beatles) 10. Be Like David Was ("Feel Like Makin' Love" by Bad Company)
11. Ain't That a Miracle ("Pink Houses" by John Cougar Mellencamp)
12. Faith Pt. 2 ("Faith" by George Michael)
13. Christians Doin' Music ("Listen to the Music" by the Doobie Brothers)
14. What is and Will Forever Be ("What is What Should Never Be" by Led Zeppelin)
15. Matthew 9 ("I Feel Fine" by the Beatles)
16. He Really Got Mad ("You Really Got Me" by the Kinks and Van Halen)
17. Love Ain't Nothin' ("Long Train Running" by the Doobie Brothers)
18. Verynice City ("Paradise City" by Guns n' Roses)
And, like we said, there's plenty more available at the link. You can still order the special Christmas CD, the autographed concert posters, and the $7 cracked CD sale for our other seven titles, "Radical History Tour" through "Grace Period."
TO ORDER ONLINE
Just click on this link or (if your Internet service doesn't allow you to click this link) copy and paste it into the address section on your Internet browser: http://www.apologetix.com/surprize
5. HOW TO ORDER "ADAM UP" AND THE OTHER CDS VIA MAIL
Just fill in the form below and mail it to us at:
ApologetiX 3251 Conway Wallrose Rd Baden PA 15005-2313
Please make checks/money orders payable in U.S. funds to ApologetiX.
Shipping & handling is a flat rate of $5 for your entire order ($10 for orders outside the United States), no matter how many you order.
Simply print out this e-mail and fill out the form below and send it in along with your check/money order to the address at the bottom of the order form.
We must receive your check/money order before we ship. Don't worry about contacting us by e-mail. Just send the form via postal mail and include your name and address.
Please list the quantity in the blank space next to the title:
______ Adam Up ($15 per CD)
______ Isn't Wasn't Ain't ($15 per CD)
______ Autographed Touring Poster ($15 per Poster)
______ Grace Period-Cracked Case ($7 per CD)
______ Keep the Change-Cracked Case ($7 per CD)
______ Spoofernatural-Cracked Case ($7 per CD)
______ Biblical Graffiti-Cracked Case ($7 per CD)
______ Jesus Christ Morningstar-Cracked Case ($7 per CD)
______ Ticked-Cracked Case ($7 per CD)
______ Radical History Tour-Cracked Case ($7 per CD)
______ Christmas CD ($7 per CD)
TOTAL NUMBER OF $15 ITEMS ______ x $15 = ______
TOTAL NUMBER OF $7 ITEMS ______ x $15 = ______
+ $5 Shipping & Handling ($10 for orders outside of the United States)
______ TOTAL COST (please make checks/money orders payable to ApologetiX)
Please include this order form and print your address information on the order
Send your order, along with your check or money order, to:
Conway Wallrose Rd
Baden PA 15005-2313
-- J. Jackson Lead Singer/Lyricist ApologetiX (That Christian Parody Band) www.apologetix.com email@example.com
1 John 2:14b
"I write to you, young men, because you are strong, and the word of God lives in you, and you have overcome the evil one."