ApologetiX in CA Tuesday, "Look Yourself" Hits #1
Wed., Jan. 21. 2004 1:08am EST
J. Jackson, lead singer and lyricist for ApologetiX (That Christian Parody Band) here.
1. Tuesday: ApologetiX in California with Plus One and Out of Eden
2. "Look Yourself" Hits #1 on ChristianBEATS National Rap/Hip Hop Chart
3. Former ApologetiX Drummer Needs Help
4. Upcoming Concerts (CA, OH, MI, MS, LA, WI)
5. "Adam Up," "Isn't Wasn't Ain't" Plus $7 CDs & More On Sale Online
6. How to Order "Adam Up" and the Other CDs Via Mail
Hey, I know we just sent you a newsletter at the beginning of this week, but we're going to make next week's newsletter early, because it has some key information, including the details of a concert we're playing in California on Tuesday (you're invited) which is being taped for an international television broadcast.
At long last, we'll be returning to the road, although things don't really heat up till February. There are plenty of new concerts in the works which are not yet posted to our website, but this newsletter includes the ones which are already scheduled for the next month and a half (See section #4 below).
The concerts in Mississippi and Louisiana will be our first two concerts in those states. That will leave seven states to go before we've played all 50: Alaska, Connecticut, Delaware, Idaho, Montana, North Dakota and Rhode Island. If we haven't played in your state yet (or in a while), we encourage you to start praying that God will make a way. We've seen Him answer lots of prayers like that.
1. TUESDAY: APOLOGETIX IN CALIFORNIA WITH PLUS ONE, OUT OF EDEN & T-BONE
As mentioned above, we're playing at the first anniversary concert for JC-TV in California, an event that is being taped for international broadcast later. JC-TV is a digital network from Trinity Broadcasting Network (TBN) that features faith-based cutting-edge programs and music videos for the 13-25 age category, and its broadcast all over the world.
The anniversary event will feature ApologetiX, Out Of Eden, Plus One, T-Bone, Dogone, Mark Stewart, Buster & Chivone, Steve Baldwin, Steve Russo and Pastor Steve Wilburn.
ApologetiX has 30 complimentary tickets we were given to use for our "crew," so the first 30 people to email email@example.com can get in free. If you'd like to come to the event, please email firstname.lastname@example.org ASAP.
Tuesday, January 20, 2004, event starts at 4 p.m.
JC-TV First Anniversary TV Show Taping
Vans Skate Park/Ontario Mills Mall
4758 Mills Circle
Ontario, California 47921
NOTE: In order to get to the skate park you have to walkthrough the mall
WEB SITE to the Vans Skate Park
www vans.com AND
2. "LOOK YOURSELF" HITS #1 ON CHRISTIANBEATS NATIONAL RAP/HIP HOT CHART
We just learned that the first single from our new "Adam Up" CD, "Look Yourself," hit #1 this week on ChristianBEATS' national Christian rap/hip hop charts. This is a major honor, and we are blown away. We never thought we'd have a national number one hit, let alone a national rap/hip hop #1 hit. God has a great sense of humor, and He can do anything!
If you've got to see it to believe it, here's the link:
3. FORMER APOLOGETIX DRUMMER NEEDS HELP
Former ApologetiX drummer and all-time friend, Fred Behanna, needs our help. Fred, who played drums for ApologetiX from early 1999 through early 2001 and on the "Biblical Graffiti" and "Spoofernatural" CDs (plus additional percussion on "Keep the Change" and "Grace Period" in 2001 and 2002), has a very serious prayer need and financial need.
As most of you already know, his daughter Beth has been battling recurring bouts of Hodgkin's Disease and complications from the treatments for several years now. She lost her boyfriend to complications from the same disease a year or so ago, which really hit her hard.
Fred, who raised his three children as a single dad, is an incredibly hard worker and a great man of faith. His kids are all in their early 20's now, but Beth has been fighting for her life through a series of ups and downs resulting from the disease.
I heard through a mutual friend that Fred was facing great financial hardship as a result of the medical expenses, so I contacted him and asked if we could share his needs with our newsletter subscribers. I also asked him to tell me whom people could make checks payable to and what address they could send them to.
Fred did not approach me about any of this, because he's not the kind of guy to ask for charity. This is a man who raised three kids while holding down three jobs. Anyway, I was able to convince him to accept our offer, and I'm going to share with you his response:
"First I appreciate you and the bands offer to help as much as you can. So far Beth's hospital expenses are nearing $900,000; while most of this was covered by an excellent insurance plan we had through UPMC, not everything has been. For example just one of Beth's medication, a bottle of 8 pills, cost $700 and she has over 10 different prescriptions she gets filled monthly. Due to damage done to her lungs caused by the Graft vs. Host Disease she is now also on oxygen which can get quite costly. The good news is that the lung damage is reversible and will hopefully clear up sooner rather than later.
"I don't have a designated fund (don't know if it's necessary or not) and while the manly pride in me says don't ask for help, wisdom says otherwise. If contributions can be sent to me at : 478 Seventh Street, Donora, PA 15033 it would be appreciated. I would assume that checks should also be made out to my name (Fred Behanna), since everything has been going through my account to date. If this is not to much of you guys I really could use your assistance in this."
Fred is a man of prayer, and I know that first and foremost he would appreciate your prayers. If any of you are able to help financially, that's an added plus. Thanks for taking the time to read this and to pray.
4. UPCOMING CONCERTS (CA, OH, MI, MS, LA AND WI)
This list adds concerts frequently, so stay tuned for more info. For the full details on all of the concerts below, please go to http://www.apologetix.com/tour.html and scroll to the
To inquire about booking a concert, please contact
949-770-3001 (9 a.m. to 5 p.m. PST).
Jan 20 - Ontario, California (not Canada!) Feb 13 - Crestline OH Feb 14 - Holland MI Feb 20 - Pass Christian MS Feb 21 - Haughton LA Feb 28 - New London WI
5. "ADAM UP," "ISN'T WASN'T AIN'T" PLUS $7 CDS & MORE ON SALE ONLINE ... AND VIA MAIL ORDER
Now you can order our latest CD, "Adam Up," our limited edition "Isn't Wasn't Ain't" CD (from 1993) and Christmas CD, and $7 cracked case editions of our other CDs ... and you can do it online (see link below) OR by mail (See order form at the bottom of this email).
You can pay by any of the following methods: credit card, ATM card, check or money order. And we process orders within 24 hours and ship first class mail for small U.S. orders and Priority Mail for larger U.S. orders. Orders outside the United States are shipped via Air Mail to expedite the process.
If you'd like to order online, just click on this link or (if your Internet service doesn't allow you to click this link) copy and paste it into the address section on your Internet browser: http://www.apologetix.com/surprize
WHAT'S ON "ADAM UP"?
Here's a list of what songs are on our brand new CD, "Adam Up," the new titles, the original songs and artists they spoof:
1. We're in a Parody Band ("We're an American Band" by Grand Funk Railroad)
2. Lifestyles of the Rich & Nameless ("Lifestyles of the Rich & Famous by Good Charlotte)
3. Boy Tell the World ("Joy to the World" by Three Dog Night)
4. Choose Your Daddy ("Who's Your Daddy?" by Toby Keith)
5. Meshach ("Love Shack" by the B-52's)
6. I'm Gonna Feed (500 Mouths) ("I'm Gonna Be (500 Miles)" by the Proclaimers)
7. Get Found Tonight ("Get Down Tonight" by K.C. & the Sunshine Band)
8. Look Yourself ("Lose Yourself" by Eminem)
9. Should I Pray or Should I Go ("Should I Stay or Should I Go" by the Clash)
10. The Spittle ("The Middle" by Jimmy Eat World)
11. Sweet Oholibamah ("Sweet Home Alabama" by Lynyrd Skynyrd)
12. It's Not Eden ("Superman (It's Not Easy)" by Five For Fighting)
13. Listening After Midnight ("Living After Midnight" by Judas Priest)
14. Psum 14 ("Fat Lip" by Sum 41)
15. The Word ("Grease" by Frankie Valli)
16. Wherever You Will Sow ("Wherever You Will Go" by the Calling)
17. Wake Up Talitha Cumi ("Wake Up Little Susie" by the Everly Brothers)
18. Guide the Way ("By the Way" by the Red Hot Chili Peppers)
19. Little-Read Bible Book ("Li'l Red Riding Hood" by Sam the Sham & the Pharaohs)
20. Downer of a Sister ("Chop Suey" by System of a Down)
21. Lazy Brain ("Crazy Train" by Ozzy Osbourne)
22. Called My Wife ("All My Life" by the Foo Fighters)
WHAT'S ON "ISN'T WASN'T AIN'T"?
"Isn't Wasn't Ain't" is a limited edition CD (not available in stores), which is a re-release of our 1993 release, "Isn't Wasn't Ain't," which was previously available only on cassette (only about 1,000 copies were made of the original).
We'd hoped to satisfy our fans' desire for new material with the release of "Adam Up," but many of you still wanted more. So we've remastered a CD version of "Isn't Wasn't Ain't," complete with a very cool-looking label. Like our "Have Yourself a Parody Little Christmas," this CD does not have a CD booklet (tracks are listed on the label) and is not available in stores. It's something we're making available especially for our email newsletter fans.
Here's a list of what songs are on the limited edition reissue CD our 1993 release "Isn't Wasn't Ain't," the new titles, the original songs and artists they spoof:
1. Isn't Wasn't Ain't ("Livin' Lovin' Maid" by Led Zeppelin)
2. David and Goliath ("Paperback Writer" by the Beatles)
3. Lions ("Signs" by Five Man Electrical Band and Tesla)
4. Patients ("Patience" by Guns n' Roses)
5. Help Me, Rhoda ("Help Me, Rhonda" by the Beach Boys)
6. That Daughter ("Black Water" by the Doobie Brothers)
7. Little Esther ("Little Sister" by Elvis Presley)
8. Don't Try ("Don't Cry" by Guns n' Roses)
9. I Found the Answer There ("I Saw Her Standing There" by the Beatles)
10. Be Like David Was ("Feel Like Makin' Love" by Bad Company)
11. Ain't That a Miracle ("Pink Houses" by John Cougar Mellencamp)
12. Faith Pt. 2 ("Faith" by George Michael)
13. Christians Doin' Music ("Listen to the Music" by the Doobie Brothers)
14. What is and Will Forever Be ("What is What Should Never Be" by Led Zeppelin)
15. Matthew 9 ("I Feel Fine" by the Beatles)
16. He Really Got Mad ("You Really Got Me" by the Kinks and Van Halen)
17. Love Ain't Nothin' ("Long Train Running" by the Doobie Brothers)
18. Verynice City ("Paradise City" by Guns n' Roses)
And, like we said, there's plenty more available at the link. You can still order the special Christmas CD, the autographed concert posters, and the $7 cracked CD sale for our other seven titles, "Radical History Tour" through "Grace Period."
TO ORDER ONLINE
Just click on this link or (if your Internet service doesn't allow you to click this link) copy and paste it into the address section on your Internet browser: http://www.apologetix.com/surprize
6. HOW TO ORDER "ADAM UP" AND THE OTHER CDS VIA MAIL
Just fill in the form below and mail it to us at:
ApologetiX 3251 Conway Wallrose Rd Baden PA 15005-2313
Please make checks/money orders payable in U.S. funds to ApologetiX.
Shipping & handling is a flat rate of $5 for your entire order ($10 for orders outside the United States), no matter how many you order.
Simply print out this e-mail and fill out the form below and send it in along with your check/money order to the address at the bottom of the order form.
We must receive your check/money order before we ship. Don't worry about contacting us by e-mail. Just send the form via postal mail and include your name and address.
Please list the quantity in the blank space next to the title:
______ Adam Up ($15 per CD)
______ Isn't Wasn't Ain't ($15 per CD)
______ Autographed Touring Poster ($15 per Poster)
______ Grace Period-Cracked Case ($7 per CD)
______ Keep the Change-Cracked Case ($7 per CD)
______ Spoofernatural-Cracked Case ($7 per CD)
______ Biblical Graffiti-Cracked Case ($7 per CD)
______ Jesus Christ Morningstar-Cracked Case ($7 per CD)
______ Ticked-Cracked Case ($7 per CD)
______ Radical History Tour-Cracked Case ($7 per CD)
______ Christmas CD ($7 per CD)
TOTAL NUMBER OF $15 ITEMS ______ x $15 = ______
TOTAL NUMBER OF $7 ITEMS ______ x $7 = ______
+ $5 Shipping & Handling ($10 for orders outside of the United States)
______ TOTAL COST (please make checks/money orders payable to ApologetiX)
Please include this order form and print your address information on the order
Send your order, along with your check or money order, to:
Conway Wallrose Rd
Baden PA 15005-2313
-- J. Jackson Lead Singer/Lyricist ApologetiX (That Christian Parody Band) www.apologetix.com email@example.com
During the days of Jesus' life on earth, he offered up prayers and petitions with loud cries and tears to the one who could save him from death, and he was heard because of his reverent submission. Although he was a son, he learned obedience from what he suffered and, once made perfect, he became the source of eternal salvation for all who obey him and was designated by God to be high priest in the order of Melchizedek.