Update on Keith's Leg and Cellulitis
Mon., Jun. 27. 2011 10:50pm EDT
Here's an update on Keith's leg and the cellulitis from his wife, Krista Please keep him in your prayers, as he is not out of the woods yet:
Keith saw the doc today, he said its a judgement call to put him in hospital now or not. After discussion he decided to give it 24-48 hours to let the current antibiotic "catch up". They gave him one dose in Mississippi at the ER and wouldn't give him any for the 20-hour ride home.
I had our doc call in that prescription so I would have it here waiting for him and I got three additional doses into him between when he got home at 8:30 p.m. and 4 a.m. in an effort to get him back on track. Today the cellulitis doubled in size on the front of his leg, now goes clear up to his knee, which the doc saw. This afternoon it looked a little lighter and we were happy.
An hour ago it looked much worse, but he had made a trip to the bathroom and had to put weight on it. We are giving it until tomorrow morning and then I have to call the doc with the update. He may consider switching antibiotics before putting him in the hospital.
Please pray that Keith is healed. We have no insurance and would like to avoid a hospital stay as well as have Keith back to normal. The doc said if Keith gets a little better in the next day or so we can still salvage some time away as long as Keith sits on his butt. I hope and pray that Keith gets better soon. Thank you so much for caring. :)