ApologetiX on National TV Saturday Plus More
Fri., Feb. 6. 2004 10:29pm EST
1. ApologetiX on National TV Saturday
2. ApologetiX "Live" Web Chat Monday
3. Next Weekend: Ohio & Michigan
4. Two Weeks Out: Mississippi & Louisiana
5. Three Weeks Out: Two in Wisconsin
6. "Look Yourself" Most Requested Song, #3 on New National Chart
7. "Adam Up," "Isn't Wasn't Ain't" Plus $7 CDs & More On Sale Online
8. How to Order "Adam Up" and the Other CDs Via Mail
J. Jackson, lead singer and lyricist for ApologetiX (That Christian Parody Band) here.
Hope you're doing well there! I'm preparing to enjoy my last weekend off before we hit the road again. We're looking forward to seeing you all again, but whether we're coming to your town soon or not (and there are a LOT of as-yet-announced concerts that will be posting to our schedule on apologetix.com soon), you can see us on Saturday AND Monday -- read items #1 and 2 below for more details!
In fact, you may see our lead guitarist and producer, Karl Messner, before we do. He's been on vacation out of the country for the past week, so we've had no phone or email communication with him during that time. That's actually good, because it means Karl has actually been vacationing full time and not doing band work on the side (He and his wife, Debbie, are celebrating their 10th wedding anniversary, which is later this year.) He has definitely deserved a break, and we're glad he's finally getting one!
1. APOLOGETIX ON NATIONAL TV SATURDAY
Hey, I just got the news on when when our national television appearance will be on Trinity Broadcasting Network (TBN). How about tomorrow (Saturday)? Yeah, sorry for the short notice! For those of you who are unfamiliar with Trinity Broadcasting Networking (TBN), there's a good chance you get it, especially if you have any kind of cable package.
The JC-TV One-Year Anniversary Special, which we just taped a couple weeks ago, is scheduled to air on the Trinity Broadcasting Network this Saturday February 7, at 11 p.m. (EST), 8 p.m. (PST).
In addition to ApologetiX, there were also musical performances by Out of Eden, Plus One, T-Bone and Dogwood. Special guests include Steven Baldwin, Steve Russo and Mark Stuart of Audio Adrenaline. I think our performances are close to the beginning of the show (I'm not sure, since it was taped), so make sure you tune in on time!
The JC-TV One-Year Anniversary Special will also air on JC-TV the following days and times: Friday February 13 & 27 at 5 p.m. EST, Saturday February 21 at 10 a.m. EST & 4 p.m. EST and Sunday February 29 at 10 a.m. EST. However, your best bet to see us would be Saturday, because I think a lot more of you have TBN than JC-TV.
2. APOLOGETIX "LIVE" ONLINE CHAT COMING MONDAY!
Feb. 9, 2004 at 8 p.m.,
members of ApologetiX will be online answering your questions at
Oldiesmann's ApologetiX site.
For more info, go to the following site http://forum.oldiesmann.us/index.php
Or click on this link:
3. NEXT WEEKEND: OHIO & MICHIGAN
Friday, February 13, 2004 7:00 PM
Tabernacle of Praise
6480 Lower Leesville Rd.
Crestline, OH 44827
Tickets $8 in advance, $12 at the door
Purchase tickets at The Bookery in Mansfield,
Almost Heaven Bookstores in Bucyrus,
and Sponsor TABERNACLE OF FAITH
Saturday, February 14, 2004 7:00 PM
Tickets$8 advance, $10 door
GRACE COMMUNITY REFORMED CHURCH
(previously called Grace Reformed Church)
945 136th Avenue
Holland, MI 49424
CONTACT: Lisa Crozier 616-399-1872
Buy tickets online before they sell out
4. TWO WEEKS OUT: MISSISSIPPI & LOUISIANA
Friday, February 20, 2004 9:00 pm
$5 tickets at door for the public
GULFSHORE BAPTIST ASSEMBLY CAMP
100 First Street
Pass Christian, Mississippi 39571
CONTACT: Kipp Smith/Zoar
Baptist Church 225-261-3434
Day of concert 228-4527261
Saturday, February 21, 2004
Tickets $7 advance, $10 door
EASTWOOD BAPTIST CHURCH
2810 Highway 80
East Haughton, Louisiana 71037-7404
CONTACT: Church 318-949-9433
5. THREE WEEKS OUT: TWO IN WISCONSIN
Friday, February 27, 2004 7:30 PM
Tickets $10 advance $15 Door
Tickets can be purchased at
Lighthouse Books in Janesville 608-754-2665
People's Church in Beloit 608-362-7556
Bible Book Center in Rockford 815-654-0020
or Lemstone Christian 815-332-5505
FAITH COMMUNITY CHURCH
2931 Lucerne Drive
Janesville, WI 53545
CONTACT: David Ashley 608-757-8220 or
WEB SITE: www.faithcommunitychurch.net/ps_150_club
Saturday, February 28, 2004 7:00 PM
Tickets $10.00 in advance $12 at the door
Purchase tickets at
New London: Familiar Grounds Coffee Shop,
Appleton: Family Christian Store and Lemstone Books,
Oshkosh: Basic Books,
Green bay: Lighthouse Books
Waupaca: Faith Expressions
Fond Du Lac: Reach Out Books
NEW LONDON HIGH SCHOOL-Sponsored by Cornerstone Christian Church
New London, WI 54961
CONTACT: Pastor Kevin Christian 920-982-0917
6. "LOOK YOURSELF" MOST REQUESTED SONG, #3 ON NEW NATIONAL CHART
If you've been following our recent newsletters, you know that "Look Yourself," the first single from our new "Adam Up" CD, recently hit #1 on ChristianBEATS National Rap & Hip Hop Charts, #1 on Christian-hiphop.net, and #10 on R & R s Christian rhythmic charts.
This week, it hits #3 on the CHR and Hot Popular Music Charts for CMRadio.Net. It's also the CMRadio.Net's #1 requested song overall!
The full charts can be found at: http://www.cmradio.net/charts/3_weeklychart.html
7. ADAM UP, ISN'T WASN'T AIN'T PLUS $7 CDS & MORE ON SALE ONLINE ... AND VIA MAIL ORDER
Now you can order our latest CD, "Adam Up," our limited edition "Isn't Wasn't Ain't" CD (from 1993) and Christmas CD, and $7 cracked case editions of our other CDs ... and you can do it online (see link below) OR by mail (See order form at the bottom of this email).
You can pay by any of the following methods: credit card, ATM card, check or money order. We generally process orders within 24 hours and ship first class mail for small U.S. orders and Priority Mail for larger U.S. orders. Orders outside the United States are shipped via Air Mail to expedite the process.
If you'd like to order online, just click on this link or (if your Internet service doesn t allow you to click this link) copy and paste it into the address section on your Internet browser: http://www.apologetix.com/surprize
WHAT'S ON "ADAM UP"?
Here s a list of what songs are on our brand new CD, Adam Up, the new titles, the original songs and artists they spoof:
1. We're in a Parody Band ('We're an American Band" by Grand Funk Railroad)
2. Lifestyles of the Rich & Nameless ('Lifestyles of the Rich & Famous by Good Charlotte)
3. Boy Tell the World ('Joy to the World" by Three Dog Night)
4. Choose Your Daddy ('Who's Your Daddy?" by Toby Keith)
5. Meshach ('Love Shack" by the B-52's)
6. I'm Gonna Feed (500 Mouths) ('I'm Gonna Be (500 Miles)" by the Proclaimers)
7. Get Found Tonight ('Get Down Tonight" by K.C. & the Sunshine Band)
8. Look Yourself ('Lose Yourself" by Eminem)
9. Should I Pray or Should I Go ('Should I Stay or Should I Go" by the Clash)
10. The Spittle ('The Middle" by Jimmy Eat World)
11. Sweet Oholibamah ('Sweet Home Alabama" by Lynyrd Skynyrd)
12. It's Not Eden ('Superman (It's Not Easy)" by Five For Fighting)
13. Listening After Midnight ('Living After Midnight" by Judas Priest)
14. Psum 14 ('Fat Lip" by Sum 41)
15. The Word ('Grease" by Frankie Valli)
16. Wherever You Will Sow ('Wherever You Will Go" by the Calling)
17. Wake Up Talitha Cumi ('Wake Up Little Susie" by the Everly Brothers)
18. Guide the Way ('By the Way" by the Red Hot Chili Peppers)
19. Little-Read Bible Book ('Li'l Red Riding Hood" by Sam the Sham & the Pharaohs)
20. Downer of a Sister ('Chop Suey" by System of a Down)
21. Lazy Brain ('Crazy Train" by Ozzy Osbourne)
22. Called My Wife ('All My Life" by the Foo Fighters)
WHAT'S ON 'ISN'T WASN'T AIN'T"?
"Isn't Wasn't Ain't" is a limited edition CD (not available in stores), which is a re-release of our 1993 release, "Isn't Wasn't Ain't," which was previously available only on cassette (only about 1,000 copies were made of the original).
We'd hoped to satisfy our fans' desire for new material with the release of 'Adam Up," but many of you still wanted more. So we've remastered a CD version of 'Isn't Wasn't Ain't," complete with a very cool-looking label. Like our 'Have Yourself a Parody Little Christmas," this CD does not have a CD booklet (tracks are listed on the label) and is not available in stores. It's something we're making available especially for our email newsletter fans.
Here's a list of what songs are on the limited edition reissue CD our 1993 release 'Isn't Wasn't Ain't," the new titles, the original songs and artists they spoof:
1. Isn't Wasn't Ain't ('Livin' Lovin' Maid" by Led Zeppelin)
2. David and Goliath ('Paperback Writer" by the Beatles)
3. Lions ('Signs" by Five Man Electrical Band and Tesla)
4. Patients ('Patience" by Guns n' Roses)
5. Help Me, Rhoda ('Help Me, Rhonda" by the Beach Boys)
6. That Daughter ('Black Water" by the Doobie Brothers)
7. Little Esther ('Little Sister" by Elvis Presley)
8. Don't Try ('Don't Cry" by Guns n' Roses)
9. I Found the Answer There ('I Saw Her Standing There" by the Beatles)
10. Be Like David Was ('Feel Like Makin' Love" by Bad Company)
11. Ain't That a Miracle ('Pink Houses" by John Cougar Mellencamp)
12. Faith Pt. 2 ('Faith" by George Michael)
13. Christians Doin' Music ('Listen to the Music" by the Doobie Brothers)
14. What is and Will Forever Be ('What is What Should Never Be" by Led Zeppelin)
15. Matthew 9 ('I Feel Fine" by the Beatles)
16. He Really Got Mad ('You Really Got Me" by the Kinks and Van Halen)
17. Love Ain't Nothin' ('Long Train Running" by the Doobie Brothers)
18. Verynice City ('Paradise City" by Guns n' Roses)
And, like we said, there's plenty more available at the link. You can still order the special Christmas CD, the autographed concert posters, and the $7 cracked CD sale for our other seven titles, 'Radical History Tour" through 'Grace Period."
TO ORDER ONLINE
Just click on this link or (if your Internet service doesn't allow you to click this link) copy and paste it into the address section on your Internet browser: http://www.apologetix.com/surprize
8. HOW TO ORDER "ADAM UP" AND THE OTHER CDS VIA MAIL
Just fill in the form below and mail it to us at:
Conway Wallrose Rd
Baden PA 15005-2313
Please make checks/money orders payable in U.S. funds to ApologetiX.
Shipping & handling is a flat rate of $5 for your entire order ($10 for orders outside the United States), no matter how many you order.
Simply print out this e-mail and fill out the form below and send it in along with your check/money order to the address at the bottom of the order form.
We must receive your check/money order before we ship. Don't worry about contacting us by e-mail. Just send the form via postal mail and include your name and address.
Please list the quantity in the blank space next to the title:
______ Adam Up ($15 per CD)
______ Isn't Wasn't Ain't ($15 per CD)
______ Autographed Touring Poster ($15 per Poster)
______ Grace Period-Cracked Case ($7 per CD)
______ Keep the Change-Cracked Case ($7 per CD)
______ Spoofernatural-Cracked Case ($7 per CD)
______ Biblical Graffiti-Cracked Case ($7 per CD)
______ Jesus Christ Morningstar-Cracked Case ($7 per CD)
______ Ticked-Cracked Case ($7 per CD)
______ Radical History Tour-Cracked Case ($7 per CD)
______ Christmas CD ($7 per CD)
TOTAL NUMBER OF $15 ITEMS ______ x $15 = ______
TOTAL NUMBER OF $7 ITEMS ______ x $7 = ______
+ $5 Shipping & Handling ($10 for orders outside of the United States)
______ TOTAL COST (please make checks/money orders payable to ApologetiX)
Please include this order form and print your address information on the order. NOTE: Our shipping process will be delayed the week of Feb. 1, so please get your orders in before then!
Send your order, along with your check or money order, to:
Conway Wallrose Rd
Baden PA 15005-2313
-- J. Jackson Lead Singer/Lyricist ApologetiX (That Christian Parody Band) www.apologetix.com email@example.com
And in him you too are being built together to become a dwelling in which God lives by his Spirit.