ApologetiX: Toledo OH, MO, IN, PA, Magazine
Wed., Mar. 3. 2004 11:16pm EST
1. This Saturday: Toledo OH
2. Next Weekend: Missouri & Indiana
3. Two Weeks Out: Conneautville PA
4. "Look Yourself" #1 Again, "Lifestyles" Second-Most Added
5. ApologetiX Featured in I.U.P. Magazine
6. Prayer Request/Update
7. Upcoming Concerts (Including New Ones in State College PA & Palmdale CA)
8. "Adam Up," "Isn't Wasn't Ain't" Plus $7 CDs & More On Sale Online
9. How to Order "Adam Up" and the Other CDs Via Mail
J. Jackson, lead singer and lyricist for ApologetiX (That Christian Parody Band) here.
Thanks to everybody who came to see us in Wisconsin last week. The concert in Janesville was amazing, standing room only. It was pretty funny, because they even had to come back to our dressing room and take all of the chairs ... we wound up sitting on little tiny nursery school chairs!
We were also excited about our return to New London, because the last time we played there (January 2002 - the day the our beloved Steelers lost to the Patriots in the AFC Championship Game, boo hoo), they planned it as an evangelical outreach and got incredible results. In 2002, they had prayed that God would draw 40 people to commit their lives to Him, and more than that came forward. This time, they prayed for even more, and God answered their prayers again -- over 50 people came forward.
As promised, our studio keyboardist, Bill Hubauer, was on hand for both Wisconsin concerts, as he will be this Saturday in Toledo. Bill's presence added new dimensions to every song -- he also played rhythm guitar when a keyboard wasn't required. In addition to all the time he spent with us on stage, Bill rode with us in the van all weekend long, and the many discussions and laughs we shared confirmed what we already suspected -- he's every bit as crazy as we are.
With this week's concert not being until Saturday and not too far away (Toldedo is "only" four or five hours from Pittsburgh), my wife, Lisa, and I are going to take Friday night and go see "The Passion of the Christ" -- not your typical date, I suppose, but we're glad we're going to get the chance to see it now.
By the way, I got a scare today while I was driving my car to be inspected. I was on the highway, with my wife and two younger daughters in the vehicle behind me, when my hood suddenly opened and smashed against my windshield! I'd always wondered what I would do if that situation ever happened. Thankfully, God gave me enough room and the presence of mind to slow down gradually and to avoid any accident! The windshield didn't smash, but the hood was wrecked. Good thing I drive an old Honda and not a Lexus, eh? I had to be towed to the inspection place (That's a good sign, isn't it?) Actually, my car passed inspection, and the hood is being replaced for a pretty reasonable rate. (Please pray that they can find a hood that's the same color as the car!) Praise God for His protection!
1. THIS SATURDAY: TOLEDO OH
Saturday, March 6, 2004 7:00 PM
Tickets $8 Advance, $12 Door
Family Christian Stores and Lifeway in Toledo
Sponsored by YES-FM THE MILL
5115 Glendale Avenue
Toledo, OH 43614
WEB SITE: www.yeshome.com
2. NEXT WEEKEND: MISSOURI & INDIANA
Friday, March 12, 2004 7:00 PM
Tickets are free, but you have to call and reserve your seat
Sponsored by Allendale Baptist Church
Grant City High School
501 East Avenue
Grant City, MO 64456
CONTACT: Carol Hall (at Mike's Garage) 660.786.2469
13. 2004 7:00 PM
Tickets Advance $10, $12 Door, and groups 10 or more Advance $5
Purchase at: - Apologia Bookstore 812-334-8927 -
Hadley's Christian Bookstore, 235 Morton Avenue, Martinsville 765-349-6130 -
Berean Christian Store (ask for Patty), 4650 Southport Road, Indianapolis 317-780-1744,
or at the location:
FIRST BAPTIST CHURCH
1109 E. Columbus Street
Martinsville, Indiana 46151
CONTACT: Church 765-342-3616 OR
Rick Hoffman 765-342-7806
3. TWO WEEKS OUT: CONNEAUTVILLE PA
Saturday, March 20, 2004 7:00 PM
Tickets $5 in advance $8 at the door
Conneaut Valley H.S.
22154 State Highway 18
Conneautville, PA 16406
Tickets available at Gospel Book and Supply, Meadville,
Beacon Books in the Millcreek Square,
Gospel Book & Supply 3545 W. 12th St. Erie Pa.
and WCTL radio station 10912 Rt.19 Waterford, Pa,
Kings Way Christian Bookstore, Ashtabula Mall, Ashtabula Ohio
Contact: John Boratyn 814-587-2127
4. "LOOK YOURSELF" #1 AGAIN, "LIFESTYLES" SECOND-MOST ADDED
As we've mentioned before, "Look Yourself," the first single from our new "Adam Up" CD, recently hit #1 on ChristianBEATS National Rap & Hip Hop Charts, #1 on Christian-hiphop.net, and #10 on R & R's Christian rhythmic charts.
This week, it stays at #1 for its second week on the CHR and Hot Popular Music Charts for CMRadio.Net. Several weeks ago, it was voted CMRadio.Net's #1 requested song overall. This week, it moves back up to second-most requested song overall. Furthermore, "Micah #5," from our Christmas CD, somehow is #5 on the top-rated songs chart.
The full charts can be found at:
Our second single, the brand-new remix of "Lifestyles of the Rich & Nameless," was the second-most-added rock single on R&R Magazine's national Christian rock charts this week, its first week on the chart.
5. APOLOGETIX FEATURED IN I.U.P. MAGAZINE
As some of you know, J.'s alma mater is Indiana University of Pennsylvania, affectionately known as I.U.P. Actually, for you trivia buffs, the first half of the story of the song "Look Yourself," which J. wrote largely as an autobiographical piece, actually takes place at I.U.P., although the university is never mentioned by name.
Anyway, the school's main publication, I.U.P. Magazine, has a photo and small story on the J. and the band in the current issue, with a larger feature story on its website. If you'd like to "look yourself," click on the link below or copy and paste the text below into your browser:
6. PRAYER REQUEST/UPDATE
Here's an update from Debbie Messner, wife of ApologetiX guitarist/producer Karl Messner, on her grandmother, whom we asked you to prayer for a few weeks ago:
Just got back a little while ago from seeing my grandma in the ICU. This morning was apparently very terrible - she was begging to get the ventilator out and begging her husband and my aunt to "just let her go" and that she "wanted to die." (They tried yesterday to remove the ventilator and were unsuccessful.) They agreed to try removing the ventilator again today.
Well, apparently God is definitely listening to our prayers! They removed the ventilator late this morning by slowly weaning her off of it. My brother had driven in from Michigan with his wife to see her, and they were they when the doctors were weaning her off the ventilator. By the time Karl and I got to the hospital at 5PM tonight, Gran was sitting up, talking, eating and even managing to laugh a little. No one could believe that they were able to successfully able to get her off the ventilator after yesterday's failure. Praise God!
She is still very weak, but there is hope that she will be able to get strong enough to start chemo again and to get started on the experimental cancer drug that doctors have a lot of hope for. It was so wonderful to see her tonight, and my mom said that she was still the same when she went back to see her at 8PM tonight (you can only see patients 4 times a day in ICU, and only for a 1/2 hour at a time).
Please continue to pray for my grandma - we consider it such a miracle that she's made it this far, after seeing her the past few days tied to the bed and helpless with her ventilator in. We appreciate all of your prayers so much!!
7. UPCOMING CONCERTS (INCLUDING NEW ONES IN STATE COLLEGE PA & PALMDALE CA)
This list adds concerts frequently, so stay tuned for more info. For the full details on all of the concerts below, please go to http://www.apologetix.com/tour.html and scroll to the bottom.
To inquire about booking a concert, please contact
949-770-3001 (9 a.m. to 5 p.m. PST).
Mar 12 Grant City MO Mar 13 - Martinsville IN Mar 20 - Conneautville PA Mar 27 - Gulfport MS Mar 28 - Gulfport MS Apr 02 - Johnson City NY Apr 03 - State College, PA Apr 16 - Palmdale CA Apr 17 - El Cajon CA Apr 24 - Footville WI May 01 - Pensacola FL May 14 - Mesa AZ (Private concert for their Youth group) May 15 - Mesa AZ
8. 'ADAM UP," 'ISN'T WASN'T AIN'T" PLUS $7 CDS & MORE ON SALE ONLINE ... AND VIA MAIL ORDER
Now you can order our latest CD, "Adam Up," our limited edition "Isn't Wasn't Ain't" CD (from 1993 -- it's primitive, but it is part of our history) and Christmas CD, and $7 cracked case editions of our other CDs ... and you can do it online (see link below) OR by mail (See order form at the bottom of this email).
You can pay by any of the following methods: credit card, ATM card, check or money order. We generally process orders within 24 hours and ship first class mail for small U.S. orders and Priority Mail for larger U.S. orders. Orders outside the United States are shipped via Air Mail to expedite the process.
If you'd like to order online, just click on this link or (if your Internet service doesn't allow you to click this link) copy and paste it into the address section on your Internet browser: http://www.apologetix.com/surprize
WHAT'S ON "ADAM UP"?
Here's a list of what songs are on our brand new CD, 'Adam Up," the new titles, the original songs and artists they spoof:
1. We're in a Parody Band ('We're an American Band" by Grand Funk Railroad)
2. Lifestyles of the Rich & Nameless ('Lifestyles of the Rich & Famous by Good Charlotte)
3. Boy Tell the World ('Joy to the World" by Three Dog Night)
4. Choose Your Daddy ('Who's Your Daddy?" by Toby Keith)
5. Meshach ('Love Shack" by the B-52's)
6. I'm Gonna Feed (500 Mouths) ('I'm Gonna Be (500 Miles)" by the Proclaimers)
7. Get Found Tonight ('Get Down Tonight" by K.C. & the Sunshine Band)
8. Look Yourself ('Lose Yourself" by Eminem)
9. Should I Pray or Should I Go ('Should I Stay or Should I Go" by the Clash)
10. The Spittle ('The Middle" by Jimmy Eat World)
11. Sweet Oholibamah ('Sweet Home Alabama" by Lynyrd Skynyrd)
12. It's Not Eden ('Superman (It's Not Easy)" by Five For Fighting)
13. Listening After Midnight ('Living After Midnight" by Judas Priest)
14. Psum 14 ('Fat Lip" by Sum 41)
15. The Word ('Grease" by Frankie Valli)
16. Wherever You Will Sow ('Wherever You Will Go" by the Calling)
17. Wake Up Talitha Cumi ('Wake Up Little Susie" by the Everly Brothers)
18. Guide the Way ('By the Way" by the Red Hot Chili Peppers)
19. Little-Read Bible Book ('Li'l Red Riding Hood" by Sam the Sham & the Pharaohs)
20. Downer of a Sister ('Chop Suey" by System of a Down)
21. Lazy Brain ('Crazy Train" by Ozzy Osbourne)
22. Called My Wife ('All My Life" by the Foo Fighters)
WHAT'S ON 'ISN'T WASN'T AIN'T"?
"Isn't Wasn't Ain't" is a limited edition CD (not available in stores), which is a re-release of our 1993 release, "Isn't Wasn't Ain't," which was previously available only on cassette (only about 1,000 copies were made of the original).
We'd hoped to satisfy our fans' desire for new material with the release of 'Adam Up," but many of you still wanted more. So we've remastered a CD version of 'Isn't Wasn't Ain't," complete with a very cool-looking label. Like our 'Have Yourself a Parody Little Christmas," this CD does not have a CD booklet (tracks are listed on the label) and is not available in stores. It's something we're making available especially for our email newsletter fans.
Here's a list of what songs are on the limited edition reissue CD our 1993 release 'Isn't Wasn't Ain't," the new titles, the original songs and artists they spoof:
1. Isn't Wasn't Ain't ('Livin' Lovin' Maid" by Led Zeppelin)
2. David and Goliath ('Paperback Writer" by the Beatles)
3. Lions ('Signs" by Five Man Electrical Band and Tesla)
4. Patients ('Patience" by Guns n' Roses)
5. Help Me, Rhoda ('Help Me, Rhonda" by the Beach Boys)
6. That Daughter ('Black Water" by the Doobie Brothers)
7. Little Esther ('Little Sister" by Elvis Presley)
8. Don't Try ('Don't Cry" by Guns n' Roses)
9. I Found the Answer There ('I Saw Her Standing There" by the Beatles)
10. Be Like David Was ('Feel Like Makin' Love" by Bad Company)
11. Ain't That a Miracle ('Pink Houses" by John Cougar Mellencamp)
12. Faith Pt. 2 ('Faith" by George Michael)
13. Christians Doin' Music ('Listen to the Music" by the Doobie Brothers)
14. What is and Will Forever Be ('What is What Should Never Be" by Led Zeppelin)
15. Matthew 9 ('I Feel Fine" by the Beatles)
16. He Really Got Mad ('You Really Got Me" by the Kinks and Van Halen)
17. Love Ain't Nothin' ('Long Train Running" by the Doobie Brothers)
18. Verynice City ('Paradise City" by Guns n' Roses)
And, like we said, there's plenty more available at the link. You can still order the special Christmas CD, the autographed concert posters, and the $7 cracked CD sale for our other seven titles, 'Radical History Tour" through 'Grace Period."
TO ORDER ONLINE
Just click on this link or (if your Internet service doesn't allow you to click this link) copy and paste it into the address section on your Internet browser: http://www.apologetix.com/surprize
9. HOW TO ORDER "ADAM UP" AND THE OTHER CDS VIA MAIL
Just fill in the form below and mail it to us at:
ApologetiX 3251 Conway Wallrose Rd Baden PA 15005-2313
Please make checks/money orders payable in U.S. funds to ApologetiX.
Shipping & handling is a flat rate of $5 for your entire order ($10 for orders outside the United States), no matter how many you order.
Simply print out this e-mail and fill out the form below and send it in along with your check/money order to the address at the bottom of the order form.
We must receive your check/money order before we ship. Don't worry about contacting us by e-mail. Just send the form via postal mail and include your name and address.
Please list the quantity in the blank space next to the title:
______ Adam Up ($15 per CD)
______ Isn't Wasn't Ain't ($15 per CD)
______ Autographed Touring Poster ($15 per Poster)
______ Grace Period-Cracked Case ($7 per CD)
______ Keep the Change-Cracked Case ($7 per CD)
______ Spoofernatural-Cracked Case ($7 per CD)
______ Biblical Graffiti-Cracked Case ($7 per CD)
______ Jesus Christ Morningstar-Cracked Case ($7 per CD)
______ Ticked-Cracked Case ($7 per CD)
______ Radical History Tour-Cracked Case ($7 per CD)
______ Christmas CD ($7 per CD)
TOTAL NUMBER OF $15 ITEMS ______ x $15 = ______
TOTAL NUMBER OF $7 ITEMS ______ x $7 = ______
+ $5 Shipping & Handling ($10 for orders outside of the United States)
______ TOTAL COST (please make checks/money orders payable to ApologetiX)
Please include this order form and print your address information on the order.
Send your order, along with your check or money order, to:
Conway Wallrose Rd
Baden PA 15005-2313
-- J. Jackson Lead Singer/Lyricist ApologetiX (That Christian Parody Band) www.apologetix.com email@example.com
"Then Jesus told his disciples a parable to show them that they should always pray and not give up."