The Title & Plan for Our 20th CD
Wed., Sep. 12. 2012 6:48pm EDT
We recorded our 20th anniversary concert in August in hopes of releasing it as a CD and a DVD. Many told us it was the best ApologetiX show they'd ever attended, and we don't want you to miss out.
Both projects are coming along better and more quickly than expected, although the CD will precede the DVD. Our sound engineer, Greg Spack, has finished mixing and producing the audio recording and Bill Hubauer is now mastering it.
Our artist is currently working on the cover and booklet design, and our CD manufacturer is rarin' to go once it's ready for them.
This is a double CD, because we wanted fans to finally have a live CD that completely captures the ApologetiX experience, including dialogue between songs, comedy routines, testimonies, etc.
Only one of the songs didn't make it to the final mix, because there was too much noise on the recording. But that was an encore song ("Smooth Grandmama") we already have a live recording of.
This CD features three new songs, 16 classics, and a new medley of other favorites. About half of the songs have female backing vocals. In addition, there are songs that were previously only available acoustically but are now electrified.
We plan to call the CD and the DVD "20:20 Vision" for a number of reasons:
1. It's our 20th year and our 20th CD. Incidentally, we wound up with 20 songs on it, if you count the medley as one song.
2. Obviously the pun is on 20/20 vision, which none of us band members probably has at this stage in his life.
3. Once this is a DVD, it'll put the "vision" part into even more perspective, since a video is all about viewing, which requires vision.
4. The Bible verse John 20:20 is the point where Jesus appeared to His disciples after the resurrection and showed them His hands and side, so they saw Him with their own eyes (vision).
5. Two of our members, Jimmy and Hubie, were both in the band Ten point Ten, which had John 10:10 as its scripture verse. Hubie told J., "Oh, you have to be twice as much as us, don't you?"
And, we are also still working on our next studio project, too. God has made a way for lots of things to happen quickly. Hallelujah!