Why is it Called "Gimme Some Sign"?
Wed., Apr. 30. 2014 10:58pm EDT
Our new three-song EP is called Gimme Some Sign. Other potential titles we considered were Groovy Toothpaste and Israeli Gears. Those might be a little more memorable, but we felt Gimme Some Sign was the most fitting. Here's why:
1. It's a combination of two of the titles: "Gimme Helper" and "Some Sign from Above"
2. All three songs are about signs. The Pharisees asked for a sign that Jesus was sent from God ("Some Sign from Above"). God gave the Apostles signs of His presence through the Holy Spirit ("Gimme Helper"). Jesus gave us signs of His body and blood in the Lord's Supper ("Communion Ain't Just Bread Now").
3. This is a trying financial time when we're asking God to continue giving signs that we're doing the right thing. As David asked God in Psalm 86:17, "Give me a sign of your goodness, that my enemies may see it and be put to shame, for you, Lord, have helped me and comforted me."
4. It's also a time when we'd like to give our fans a sign that God has been really blessing us with new songs, which to us are signs of His continued leading in this area. These three songs went from start (no lyrics) to finish (performances recorded) in two weeks!
5. By fans giving to us, they're giving us a sign that they want us to carry on.