"Apol-acoustiX" Update: Almost Done, Pre-order Now and Save $3
Wed., Feb. 9. 2005 11:34pm EST
We're putting the finishing touches on our upcoming CD project, "Apol-acoustiX," features 12 acoustic parodies of some of the biggest names in rock and roll. All the parts are recorded, ten of the tracks are ready to master, and two are in the final stages.
The project should be finished later this month, so you need to pre-order now to take advantage of the pre-order offer: $3 off plus a free bonus CD while supplies last! Please note: If you order "Apol-acoustiX" and/or "Isn't Wasn't Ain't (Director's Cut)
along with other CDs your entire order will be shipped together when those two CD's are available, which enables us to keep your shipping cost down.
1. Talk About the Lord ((We're Gonna) Rock Around the Clock by Bill Haley & His Comets)
2. Don't Be Fooled (Don't Be Cruel by Elvis Presley)
3. The Sounds of Silas (The Sounds of Silence by Simon & Garfunkel)
4. We're Not Gonna Drown (When I Come Around by Green Day)
5. Mediterranean Wholebook News (Subterranean Homesick Blues by Bob Dylan)
6. Scripture (Picture by Kid Rock & Sheryl Crow)
7. Last Rain the Clouds Spill (Last Train to Clarksville by the Monkees)
8. Eight Ways to Be (Eight Days a Week by the Beatles)
9. More Than Works (More Than Words by Extreme)
10. The Trinity (Thank You by Led Zeppelin)
11. Two-Time Baby/Lord's House News (Love Me Two Times/Roadhouse Blues by the Doors)
12. Yes Today (Yesterday by the Beatles)
As we've said before, this is no quickie recording. The guitar and vocal parts have taken about as long to record for this project as they do for our regular releases. It's acoustic, but that doesn't mean it isn't perfectionistic! Also, unlike previous ApologetiX fan-club-only releases, "Apol-acoustiX" will come with an official CD booklet and tray card (See cover photo included with this story.).
ApologetiX lead guitarist and producer Karl Messner says "Apol-acoustiX" may be his favorite ApologetiX CD yet! Our lead singer and lyricist, J. Jackson, has just heard 10 of the final tracks this past week and is also very pleased with the results. "This CD shows a whole different side of us," he says. "There are some great parodies here, and some really great-sounding recordings."
Pre-order "Apol-acoustiX" now and get $3 off the regular price and a free copy of our "Have Yourself a Parody Little Christmas" CD (while supplies last). Originally released in 2001, the Christmas CD features "Micah No. 5," "Late December 5 or 6 B.C. (O Holy Night)," "Santa Claus," "Hotel Can't Afford Ya," "Christmasnite" and "Manger." Since these songs are all now available on either "Keep the Change" or "New & Used Hits," we are discontinuing the Christmas CD, so it's sure to become a collector's item.