ApologetiX in East PA, West PA, Ohio, Stores Every
Wed., Aug. 21. 2002 1:37pm EDT
J. Jackson, lead singer and lyricist for ApologetiX (That Christian Parody Band) here.
Good news! Our brand new CD, "Grace Period," is back from the manufacturer and should be at your local store any day now if it's not there already. Sorry, we're a little bit late on that one, but we think you'll find it was worth the wait.
We will not be making the CD available through the website for a couple weeks, because we want to give the stores the first chance at selling the CD for two reasons.
1. They pre-ordered thousands of copies, and then we made them wait, and they had to tell a lot of people to come back later.
2. If the stores see you coming in for the CD, they'll know there's a demand for ApologetiX CDs and be more likely to stock them.
1.Concert in Elizabethtown PA Tonight
2.ApologetiX on National TV Friday
3.Concerts in OH and PA This Weekend
4.Concerts in CA, PA and NJ Next Thu Thru Sun
5.What's on the Grace Period CD
6.Upcoming Concerts (Includes Rescheduled Ones From Last Week)
1. CONCERT IN ELIZABETHTOWN PA TONIGHT
Wednesday, August 21 8:30-10:30 PM
ELIZABETHTOWN COUNTY FAIR
East High Street
Contact Bev Laughlin
2. APOLOGETIX ON NATIONAL TV FRIDAY
Friday, August 23, 2002 at 6:30 p.m.,
ApologetiX will do an interview and "live" television performance on "Plus Minus 60," a Christian talk show hosted by Marge Hazen. The show reaches most of Ohio and is also shown nationwide on the Sky Angel Network. The interview will be recorded at the Christian Broadcast Center in Canton, OH, home of the Pro Football Hall of Fame and the same town where ApologetiX will play a concert the following night. The station's phone number is 330-875-7181, their email is PlusMin60@aol.com, and their website is http:www.plusminus60.org.
3. CONCERTS IN OH AND PA THIS WEEKEND
Saturday, August 24, 2002 7 PM Church of the Lake UMC 5944 Fulton Drive Canton, Ohio Contact: Church of the Lake UMC 330-499-8972 $10 individual/door and $25 per immediate family/advance, NO discount for family at the door
Sunday, August 25 7:00 p.m.
** Opening band, TRI at 6:00**
Crossroads United Methodist Church
1000 Crossroads Drive
Contact: Box Office
**About the August 25 opening group, TRI (three teenage sisters with a backing band), our guitarist/producer, Karl Messner, says: "We've played with a lot of local bands, and this is the first one that I really thought was going to make a real splash. We just love these kids (youngest bandmember: 13) and their upbeat pop/rock harmonies are second only to their hearts for ministry. Two... No THREE thumbs up."
4. CONCERTS NEXT THU-SUN IN CA, PA AND NJ
Thursday, August 29, 2002 7:00 PM
SADDLEBACK VALLEY COMMUNITY CHURCH
Sponsored by the Singles Ministry
1 Saddleback Drive
Lake Forest, CA 92630
Contact: SVCC Singles Ministry
Friday, August 30, 2002 6:00 PM
CUTTING EDGE YOUTH MINISTRIES
sponsored by Celebration Christian Center 1837
Fairfield, CA 94533
Contact: Pastor Hibbard
Saturday, August 31, 2002 5 PM
"The Last Blast of Summer"
DelGrosso's Family Amusement Park
Contact Doug Sloey
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org links:
Please check: www.frontlineministries.com and
Sunday, Sept. 1, 2002 at 4:45pm
Contact: Tim DeMoss/WZZD
5. WHAT'S ON THE GRACE PERIOD CD
No more clues! Here's what's on Grace Period, although not in order:
1. Sufferin' Just Finished - Suffragette City - David Bowie (1972)
2. Corinthians - In the End - Linkin Park (2002)
3. Born Above - Born to Run - Bruce Springsteen (1975)
4. Cornelius - Cecilia - Simon & Garfunkel (1970)
5. Don't Fear the People - Don't Fear the Reaper - Blue Oyster Cult (1976)
6. Good Guys Bad Guys - Good Times Bad Times - Led Zeppelin (1969)
7. Drop of Lucifer - Drops of Jupiter - Train (2001)
8. Devil Went Down to Georgia - Devil Went Down to Jordan - Charlie Daniels Band (1979)
9. Regeneration - My Generation - The Who (1965) 10. Love the Jews - Love Me Do - The Beatles (1964)
11. Smells Like Thirtysomething Spirit - Smells like Teen Spirit - Nirvana (1991)
12. Lemonade - Renegade - Styx (1978)
13. Follow Me - Follow Me - Uncle Kracker (2001)
14. How You Remind Me - How You Remind Me - Nickelback (2002 #1 hit)
15. YHWH - YMCA - Village People (1978-79)
16. Smooth Grandmama - Smooth Criminal - Alien Ant Farm (2001 hit originally a hit for Michael Jackson in 1988)
17. I'm a Receiver - I'm a Believer - Smash Mouth (2001 hit originally a hit for the Monkees in 1966/67)
18. Flurry - Blurry - Puddle of Mudd (2002)
19. Tom Saw Ya - Tom Sawyer - Rush (1981)
20. Baa! We're Lambs - Barbara Ann - Beach Boys (1966 hit originally a hit for the Regents in 1961)
6. UPCOMING CONCERTS
Please note that we have already rescheduled three of the five postponed concerts from last week: Clymer PA (Sept 8), Hanceville AL (Sept 18) and Hertford NC (Sept 22). To schedule a concert with ApologetiX, please contact Burke Communications at 949-770-3001 (9 a.m. To 5 p.m. PST) or email@example.com
Aug 21 - Elizabethtown PA Aug 24 - Canton OH Aug 25 - Oakdale PA Aug 29 - Lake Forest CA Aug 30 - Fairfield CA Aug 31 - Tipton PA Sep 01 - Six Flags, Jackson NJ Sep 06 - Endicott NY Sep 07 - Marion OH Sep 08 - Clymer PA Sep 11-15 - Honolulu HI Sep 18 - Hanceville AL Sep 20 - St Paul MN Sep 21 - Holland MI Sep 22 - Hertford NC Sep 28 - Huntington Station NY Sep 29 - Cincinnati OH Oct 05 - Phoenix AZ Oct 06 - Phoenix AZ Oct 12 - Columbia MO Oct 19 - Aurora CO Oct 26 - Rockford IL Oct 31 - White Hall AR Nov 09 - Green Bay WI
-- J. Jackson Lead Singer/Lyricist ApologetiX (That Christian Parody Band) www.apologetix.com firstname.lastname@example.org
All who ever came before me were thieves and robbers, but the sheep did not listen to them.