ApologetiX in OH, MI, Plus Rick & Bubba, More
Fri., Feb. 13. 2004 1:22am EST
1. This Weekend: Ohio & Michigan
2. Next Weekend: Mississippi & Louisiana Plus Rick & Bubba's Morning Show
3. Two Weeks Out: Two in Wisconsin
4. ApologetiX on National T.V.: The Saga Continues
5. "Adam Up" #3 Christian Rock Album Nationally
6. HM Magazine Editor Likes "Adam Up"
7. Upcoming Concerts (New Ones in OH, IN, PA, MS, NY, CA, WI, AZ)
8. Prayer Request
9. "Adam Up," "Isn't Wasn't Ain't" Plus $7 CDs & More On Sale Online 10. How to Order "Adam Up" and the Other CDs Via Mail
J. Jackson, lead singer and lyricist for ApologetiX (That Christian Parody Band) here.
We're back on the road this weekend! Hope to see many of you in Ohio and Michigan (Sorry to you Wolverines and Buckeyes fans who don't like see those two states linked together :)
Next weekend, you'll notice that we've added one-more stop to our tour of the deep South. Before we hit Mississippi and Louisiana for the first time, we're going to be on the nationally syndicated Rick & Bubba morning show doing 30-60 minutes of talk and "live" music from their studio in Birmingham AL.
From what we understand, Rick & Bubba's show is huge down in the South, reaching many states. It's a mainstream secular show, but the hosts are Christians. They have actually shared the stage with us before at the Grace festival in Pensicola FL. We are extremely honored to be invited onto their show.
We've also added a lot of new concerts to the schedule. Make sure you check out the updated list below. Have a great weekend!
1. THIS WEEKEND: OHIO & MICHIGAN
Friday, February 13, 2004 7:00 PM
Tabernacle of Praise
6480 Lower Leesville Rd.
Crestline, OH 44827
Tickets $8 in advance, $12 at the door
Purchase tickets at
The Bookery in Mansfield,
Almost Heaven Bookstores in Bucyrus,
and Sponsor TABERNACLE OF FAITH
Saturday, February 14, 2004 7:00 PM
Tickets$8 advance, $10 door
GRACE COMMUNITY REFORMED CHURCH
(previously called Grace Reformed Church)
945 136th Avenue
Holland, MI 49424
CONTACT: Lisa Crozier 616-399-1872
Buy tickets online before they sell out
2. NEXT WEEKEND: MISSISSIPPI & LOUISIANA PLUS RICK & BUBBA'S MORNING SHOW
Friday, February 20, 2004 7:55 a.m. CST
"Live" in studio with Rick & Bubba
Nationally Syndicated Morning Show
Friday, February 20, 2004 9:00 pm
$5 tickets at door for the public
GULFSHORE BAPTIST ASSEMBLY CAMP
100 First Street
Pass Christian, Mississippi 39571
CONTACT: Kipp Smith/Zoar
Baptist Church 225-261-3434
Day of concert 228-4527261
Saturday, February 21, 2004
Tickets $7 advance, $10 door
EASTWOOD BAPTIST CHURCH
2810 Highway 80 East
Haughton, Louisiana 71037-7404
CONTACT: Church 318-949-9433
3. TWO WEEKS OUT: TWO IN WISCONSIN
Friday, February 27, 2004 7:30 PM
Tickets $10 advance $15 Door
Tickets can be purchased at
Lighthouse Books in Janesville 608-754-2665
People's Church in Beloit 608-362-7556
Bible Book Center in Rockford 815-654-0020
or Lemstone Christian 815-332-5505
FAITH COMMUNITY CHURCH
2931 Lucerne Drive
Janesville, WI 53545
CONTACT: David Ashley 608-757-8220 or
WEB SITE: www.faithcommunitychurch.net/ps_150_club
Saturday, February 28, 2004 7:00 PM
Tickets $10.00 in advance $12 at the door
Purchase tickets at
New London: Familiar Grounds Coffee Shop,
Appleton: Family Christian Store and Lemstone Books,
Oshkosh: Basic Books,
Green bay: Lighthouse Books
Waupaca: Faith Expressions
Fond Du Lac: Reach Out Books
NEW LONDON HIGH SCHOOL-
Sponsored by Cornerstone Christian Church
Klatt Road New London, WI 54961
CONTACT: Pastor Kevin Christian 920-982-0917
4. APOLOGETIX ON NATIONAL TV: THE SAGA CONTINUES
I received lots of emails last week from many fans who, like us, tuned in for the JC-TV anniversary special with ApologetiX and didn't see it. It turns out there was a last-minute scheduling change, and the show aired three hours later than it was supposed to, long after most of you had gone to bed ... although a few fans emailed me to say they'd seen it.
TBN has apologized to us and promises to keep us posted if the show does rebroadcast on TBN. It will rebroadcast on JC-TV (see below), but you have to check your local cable carrier or dish network to see if you pick up the JC-TV network.
The JC-TV One-Year Anniversary Special will also on JC-TV the following days and times: Friday February 13 & 27 at 5 p.m. EST, Saturday February 21 at 10 a.m. EST & 4 p.m. EST and Sunday February 29 at 10 a.m. EST.
I'm sorry if you missed us on T.V. We did, too!
5. "ADAM UP" #3 CHRISTIAN ROCK ALBUM NATIONALLY
If you've been following our recent newsletters, you know that "Look Yourself," the first single from our new "Adam Up" CD, recently hit #1 on ChristianBEATS National Rap & Hip Hop Charts, #1 on Christian-hiphop.net, and #10 on R & R's Christian rhythmic charts, plus #3 on the CHR and Hot Popular Music Charts for CMRadio.Net. It was also the CMRadio.Net's #1 requested song overall.
Now, we've just received word that the album from which it came, "Adam Up," hit #3 on the national Christian rock albums chart in this week's issue of ChristianBEATS. Thanks, everybody, and thank You, Lord!
6. HM MAGAZINE EDITOR LIKES "ADAM UP"
Here's an unsolicited quote from Doug Van Pelt, the editor of HM Magazine, the recognized authority on Christian hard rock:
"I'm really enjoying the new album, J, and I haven't kept any of the previous ApologetiX CD's in my car like this ... way to go!"
7. UPCOMING CONCERTS (NEW ONES IN OH, IN, PA, MS, NY, CA, WI, AZ)
This list adds concerts frequently, so stay tuned for more info. For the full details on all of the concerts below, please go to http://www.apologetix.com/tour.html and scroll to the bottom.
To inquire about booking a concert, please contact
Kathleen Burke at
Burke Communications at
949-770-3001 (9 a.m. to 5 p.m. PST).
Feb 13 - Crestline OH Feb 14 - Holland MI Feb 20 - Pass Christian MS Feb 21 - Haughton LA Feb 27 - Janesville WI Feb 28 - New London WI Mar 6 - Toledo OH Mar 13 - Martinsville IN Mar 20 - Conneautville PA Mar 27 - Gulfport MS Mar 28 - Gulfport MS Apr 02 - Johnson City NY Apr 17 - El Cajon CA Apr 24 - Footville WI May 14 - Mesa, AZ (Private concert for their Youth group) May 15 - Mesa, AZ
8. PRAYER REQUEST
Here's a special prayer request from Debbie Messner, the wife of ApologetiX lead guitarist and producer, Karl Messner, and one of the voices you hear on "Get Found Tonight," "Sweet Oholibamah," "Enter Samson," and "Kick in the Wall":
Hey everyone - please, please, please add my grandma (Pauline - my mom's mom) to your prayers. Gran was diagnosed with cancer a little over a year ago. She underwent months of chemo and radiation in 2003 and was told she was in remission in the Fall. Unfortunately, some pain in her back and neck prompted her to get more tests, and we found out right after Christmas that the cancer was back (and had spread to other places, including her brain). She was hospitalized for about a week and a half, and is now back home.
Though the doctors told her over a week ago that there was nothing more they could do for her, she started more treatments this week nonetheless. She says that the radiation is much worse this time around, and is much more painful for her in her weakened condition. Please pray that the pain subsides (or is at least more bearable), and that the treatments become easier for her. We're all very worried about her. She's a very tough lady, but most definitely needs our prayers. Many thanks. Deb Messner
9. 'ADAM UP," 'ISN'T WASN'T AIN'T" PLUS $7 CDS & MORE ON SALE ONLINE ... AND VIA MAIL ORDER
Now you can order our latest CD, "Adam Up," our limited edition "Isn't Wasn't Ain't" CD (from 1993) and Christmas CD, and $7 cracked case editions of our other CDs ... and you can do it online (see link below) OR by mail (See order form at the bottom of this email).
You can pay by any of the following methods: credit card, ATM card, check or money order. We generally process orders within 24 hours and ship first class mail for small U.S. orders and Priority Mail for larger U.S. orders. Orders outside the United States are shipped via Air Mail to expedite the process.
If you'd like to order online, just click on this link or (if your Internet service doesn't allow you to click this link) copy and paste it into the address section on your Internet browser: http://www.apologetix.com/surprize
WHAT'S ON "ADAM UP"?
Here's a list of what songs are on our brand new CD, 'Adam Up," the new titles, the original songs and artists they spoof:
1. We're in a Parody Band ('We're an American Band" by Grand Funk Railroad)
2. Lifestyles of the Rich & Nameless ('Lifestyles of the Rich & Famous by Good Charlotte)
3. Boy Tell the World ('Joy to the World" by Three Dog Night)
4. Choose Your Daddy ('Who's Your Daddy?" by Toby Keith)
5. Meshach ('Love Shack" by the B-52's)
6. I'm Gonna Feed (500 Mouths) ('I'm Gonna Be (500 Miles)" by the Proclaimers)
7. Get Found Tonight ('Get Down Tonight" by K.C. & the Sunshine Band)
8. Look Yourself ('Lose Yourself" by Eminem)
9. Should I Pray or Should I Go ('Should I Stay or Should I Go" by the Clash)
10. The Spittle ('The Middle" by Jimmy Eat World)
11. Sweet Oholibamah ('Sweet Home Alabama" by Lynyrd Skynyrd)
12. It's Not Eden ('Superman (It's Not Easy)" by Five For Fighting)
13. Listening After Midnight ('Living After Midnight" by Judas Priest)
14. Psum 14 ('Fat Lip" by Sum 41)
15. The Word ('Grease" by Frankie Valli)
16. Wherever You Will Sow ('Wherever You Will Go" by the Calling)
17. Wake Up Talitha Cumi ('Wake Up Little Susie" by the Everly Brothers)
18. Guide the Way ('By the Way" by the Red Hot Chili Peppers)
19. Little-Read Bible Book ('Li'l Red Riding Hood" by Sam the Sham & the Pharaohs)
20. Downer of a Sister ('Chop Suey" by System of a Down)
21. Lazy Brain ('Crazy Train" by Ozzy Osbourne)
22. Called My Wife ('All My Life" by the Foo Fighters)
WHAT'S ON 'ISN'T WASN'T AIN'T"?
"Isn't Wasn't Ain't" is a limited edition CD (not available in stores), which is a re-release of our 1993 release, "Isn't Wasn't Ain't," which was previously available only on cassette (only about 1,000 copies were made of the original).
We'd hoped to satisfy our fans' desire for new material with the release of 'Adam Up," but many of you still wanted more. So we've remastered a CD version of 'Isn't Wasn't Ain't," complete with a very cool-looking label. Like our 'Have Yourself a Parody Little Christmas," this CD does not have a CD booklet (tracks are listed on the label) and is not available in stores. It's something we're making available especially for our email newsletter fans.
Here's a list of what songs are on the limited edition reissue CD our 1993 release 'Isn't Wasn't Ain't," the new titles, the original songs and artists they spoof:
1. Isn't Wasn't Ain't ('Livin' Lovin' Maid" by Led Zeppelin)
2. David and Goliath ('Paperback Writer" by the Beatles)
3. Lions ('Signs" by Five Man Electrical Band and Tesla)
4. Patients ('Patience" by Guns n' Roses)
5. Help Me, Rhoda ('Help Me, Rhonda" by the Beach Boys)
6. That Daughter ('Black Water" by the Doobie Brothers)
7. Little Esther ('Little Sister" by Elvis Presley)
8. Don't Try ('Don't Cry" by Guns n' Roses)
9. I Found the Answer There ('I Saw Her Standing There" by the Beatles)
10. Be Like David Was ('Feel Like Makin' Love" by Bad Company)
11. Ain't That a Miracle ('Pink Houses" by John Cougar Mellencamp)
12. Faith Pt. 2 ('Faith" by George Michael)
13. Christians Doin' Music ('Listen to the Music" by the Doobie Brothers)
14. What is and Will Forever Be ('What is What Should Never Be" by Led Zeppelin)
15. Matthew 9 ('I Feel Fine" by the Beatles)
16. He Really Got Mad ('You Really Got Me" by the Kinks and Van Halen)
17. Love Ain't Nothin' ('Long Train Running" by the Doobie Brothers)
18. Verynice City ('Paradise City" by Guns n' Roses)
And, like we said, there's plenty more available at the link. You can still order the special Christmas CD, the autographed concert posters, and the $7 cracked CD sale for our other seven titles, 'Radical History Tour" through 'Grace Period."
TO ORDER ONLINE
Just click on this link or (if your Internet service doesn't allow you to click this link) copy and paste it into the address section on your Internet browser: http://www.apologetix.com/surprize
10. HOW TO ORDER "ADAM UP" AND THE OTHER CDS VIA MAIL
Just fill in the form below and mail it to us at:
Conway Wallrose Rd
Baden PA 15005-2313
Please make checks/money orders payable in U.S. funds to ApologetiX.
Shipping & handling is a flat rate of $5 for your entire order ($10 for orders outside the United States), no matter how many you order.
Simply print out this e-mail and fill out the form below and send it in along with your check/money order to the address at the bottom of the order form.
We must receive your check/money order before we ship. Don't worry about contacting us by e-mail. Just send the form via postal mail and include your name and address.
Please list the quantity in the blank space next to the title:
______ Adam Up ($15 per CD)
______ Isn't Wasn't Ain't ($15 per CD)
______ Autographed Touring Poster ($15 per Poster)
______ Grace Period-Cracked Case ($7 per CD)
______ Keep the Change-Cracked Case ($7 per CD)
______ Spoofernatural-Cracked Case ($7 per CD)
______ Biblical Graffiti-Cracked Case ($7 per CD)
______ Jesus Christ Morningstar-Cracked Case ($7 per CD)
______ Ticked-Cracked Case ($7 per CD)
______ Radical History Tour-Cracked Case ($7 per CD)
______ Christmas CD ($7 per CD)
TOTAL NUMBER OF $15 ITEMS ______ x $15 = ______
TOTAL NUMBER OF $7 ITEMS ______ x $7 = ______
+ $5 Shipping & Handling ($10 for orders outside of the United States)
______ TOTAL COST (please make checks/money orders payable to ApologetiX)
Please include this order form and print your address information on the order. NOTE: Our shipping process will be delayed the week of Feb. 1, so please get your orders in before then!
Send your order, along with your check or money order, to:
Conway Wallrose Rd
Baden PA 15005-2313
-- J. Jackson Lead Singer/Lyricist ApologetiX (That Christian Parody Band) www.apologetix.com email@example.com
Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. Consider him who endured such opposition from sinful men, so that you will not grow weary and lose heart. In your struggle against sin, you have not yet resisted to the point of shedding your blood.