Adam & Eve & Sons Top 10 Playlist
Thu., Jan. 24. 2019 12:29pm EST
Our final single of 2018 included a parody of Fleetwood Mac's "Landslide" called "Eve Looks Back," a bittersweet ballad sung from the perspective of Adam's wife, Eve, as she awaits the impending arrival of her son Seth.
The song fits in nicely with several songs we already had from the perspective of Adam, plus other songs that are narratives about that time period. If you want to flesh out your playlist in a biblically chronological order, we'd recommend this:
1. Anteater (Adam names the animals)
2. Animals I Have Begun (Adam seeks a suitable helpmate)
3. Clothing Time (Adam and Eve get kicked out of the Garden)
4. It's Not Eden (Adam laments their departure from Eden)
5. Called My Wife (Adam addresses Cain and Abel before and after)
6. Eve Looks Back (Eve awaits the arrival of Seth)
7. Did You Ever Ask Where Cain Got HIs Wife? (What's next for Cain?)
Supplemental Resources/Bonus Tracks:
8. You Booked Me All Along (Even before the Fall, God had a plan)
9. Lost and Found (After the Fall, God acted on that plan)
10. Don't Try (Like Adam and Eve, we can't hide from God; that's good)
Here's a nice comment we received this morning from a fan who just discovered our latest addition to the playlist:
I just heard "Eve Looks Back." Oh my gosh. I was crying. I listened to it at least 10 times straight! I got to have this on a disc! I love this so much! Was that Janna? She is amazing! We're so glad to hear that, Ed! Stay tuned: Janna shares vocals with J. on one of the songs on our next single, too.
Editor's Note: Ed's wife, Audrey, was diagnosed with stage 4 pancreatic cancer in February 2018 and has already been through many rounds of chemo. Please join us in praying for Audrey and Ed, who are longtime fans and friends and former concert coordinators. We didn't even notice till the end of this article how similar Audrey and Ed sounds to Adam and Eve.