Songs We're Working On While Staying at Home
Sat., Apr. 25. 2020 4:35pm EDT
J. Jackson, lead singer and lyricist for ApologetiX here again.
Although the COVID-19 "stay at home" order prevents me from going to the studio to sing any parodies, I'm still able to write lyrics for them. And the other guys are recording their parts in preparation.
We're working on a lot of songs right now, many of which have all their parts recorded and all their lyrics finished. Here are the topics we'll be discussing in those songs:
- Goliath taunting the Israelites before David came on the scene
- what happened in the book of Daniel after the lions' den in chapter 6
- storing up treasures in heaven and passing from death straight into life
- observers of Jesus' triumphant entry into Jerusalem on Palm Sunday
- Psalm 51
- Hannah and Eli and Samuel
- the book of Ecclesiastes
- spiritual blindness vs. physical blindness
- praising God in today's world
- New Age philosophy vs. the Bible
- the history of the Philistines vs. the Israelites
- what happened when people tried to look inside the ark of the covenant
- Jacob's wife Rachel finally gets her say
- Miriam, sister of Moses
In case you missed our previous newsletter, we're also working on four songs from our 25th anniversary show in 2017, and we plan to release them on our next two singles. I had deliberately put those particular songs on our set list that night so we could get new recordings of each of them. I felt the new live versions would improve upon the existing versions.
We won't have a new single this weekend, but I think we should have the first two songs by next weekend, Lord willing. The other two songs are also well underway, so once we get the first single out, we should be in good shape to release the second one two weeks later.